Chargify: Ruby on Rails Developer (REMOTE)
Chargify is looking for a passionate Ruby on Rails Developer interested in joining our dynamic team. Your mission? Help build our ground-breaking recurring billing application developed by Grasshopper. We’re in an exciting growth phase right now. Not only will you have a chance to make your mark as a developer, but you’ll also get to work and interact with seasoned professionals and entrepreneurs deeply committed to revolutionizing this space.
Chargify’s ideal Ruby on Rails Developer is a multi-faceted individual who cares about the web and web standards, loves building apps using Rails, gets a rush from pushing the envelope in usability and interactivity, feels great when writing clean, well-tested code, and just “gets it” when it comes to building for today’s (and tomorrow’s) web. Yup, a tall order, but at Chargify, we only want the best.
Besides the right professional skills, how will you know if you’re the right fit for the Chargify team? Ask yourself–and be honest–are you fun, reliable, loyal, and interested in advancing both yourself and your team? If you answered in the affirmative, then you’re on the right track. So, if you’re an awesome Ruby on Rails Developer anywhere in the world, and you’re interested in getting involved in an exciting project at the ground level, then we want to hear from you. Bonus points if you’re based out of the San Francisco area.
- 3+ years’ experience building web applications
- Practical, demonstrable experience in building web applications using Ruby on Rails
- Knowledge of relational database design and SQL
- Thorough capabilities with (X)HTML and CSS
- Experience with test- or behavior-driven development
- Strong knowledge of version control systems (git) and application deployment
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Test::Unit or RSpec
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Self-motivated and self-managed
- Proven capability of working remotely
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven, dynamic environment
- A passion for the technologies of the web
- Experience building billing applications (bonus)
- Experience in scaling web applications
- Experience exposing and consuming web services
- Startup or small company experience
- Entrepreneurial tendencies
- Open source contributions
Chargify is a recurring billing application developed by Grasshopper Labs, a team of entrepreneurs, developers, and marketers who strive to create breakthrough web apps. Grasshopper Labs was founded by the same team behind Grasshopper.com, a highly successful subscription-based virtual phone system that has served millions of entrepreneurs over the last six years.
The sheer number of today’s subscription-based applications demanded a smart billing system built on years of experience. Unfortunately, the market was filled with clunky, off-the-shelf systems that fell short, and enterprise solutions that charged huge set up and transaction fees. Finally, we thought: Why not just build an intelligent billing application system ourselves? After all, billing thousands of customers a month through Grasshopper taught us everything there is to know about billing. So, we put our years of knowledge to good use, and Chargify was born.
Chargify’s affordable freemium pricing has no long-term contract, and no transaction or overage fees. We provide a robust set of business intelligence, fraud management, and dunning management tools to help you retain more customers, and ultimately grow your business.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
1147 total views, 2 today