Charles River Analytics: Scientist, Decision Management (DM050312-AJP)
Location: Cambridge, MA
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Masters level or equivalent scientist with strong coding skills to work on cutting-edge intelligent systems research applied to real operational problems.
- Using ideas from genetics and linguistics to identify the lineage of malware and characterize the attacker.
- Using machine learning techniques to learn social networks from a variety of data sources.
- Developing a system to help intelligence analysts assess the capability of an adversary.
You will develop and use ideas from a number of fields including probabilistic modeling, machine learning, programming languages, natural language understanding, cyber security, databases, and graph theory. You will also develop prototype systems that will apply advanced techniques to address specific needs. You will work in small project-oriented groups with a principal investigator/scientist and a senior software engineer. You will also have the opportunity to attend conferences and have your work published.
- Apply machine learning and probabilistic modeling techniques to problems, and, where relevant, develop new techniques.
- Envision new research ideas, write proposals based on your ideas, carry out the research, and document progress.
- Design and implement a variety of AI algorithms and end-user interfaces, primarily in Java or Scala.
- Design and implement research prototype software in Java or Scala, including a variety of algorithms and end-user interfaces.
- Communicate effectively with supervisor and other team members.
- Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or related area, with a concentration in probabilistic modeling or machine learning; or a Bachelor’s degree with at least two years experience as a scientist in these areas.
- Strong understanding of machine learning and its application to real problems.
- Familiarity with programming languages, natural language understanding, cyber security, databases, or graph theory will be considered a plus.
- Proven proficiency in Java and a solid background in designing, programming, and documenting complex software systems.
- Experience and proficiency in Scala will be considered a strong plus.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly and effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment.
- Code and writing samples may be requested.
- U.S. Citizenship is a requirement for this position.
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
612 total views, 1 today