Charles River Analytics: Senior Software Engineer, Cognitive Systems (CS031412-RK)
Location: Cambridge, MA
This is an excellent opportunity for a Software Engineer with an interest in design and implementation of collaborative distributed systems and graphical user interfaces (GUIs) to lead the development and support of software solutions in an exciting, well-defined domain.
You will work closely with the Principal Architect and Principal Investigator and be responsible for the day-to-day activities of a development team following the Agile development paradigm Scrum. You will also participate in the design of software components for user-centered interfaces, implementing those designs, and validating the implementations against user needs. You will also work very closely with members of other performer teams to collaboratively design and develop a large-scale software system for processing and visualizing multiple sources of data. In service of these responsibilities, you will need to keep informed of current software development practices, select the best technology solutions, and guide a team of engineers in implementing the envisioned design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering and 4-7 years of experience designing, programming, testing, and documenting complex software systems on Windows and Linux.
- Demonstrated expertise with Java, Swing, web services (e.g., REST), unit testing, object-oriented design, XML, JSON, relational databases, and UI design.
- Candidates must have a working knowledge of software engineering practices (e.g., read/generate software specs, follow coding guidelines, report and manage defects).
- Experience with working with or running Scrum teams will be considered a strong plus.
- First-hand experience with AI algorithms, human-computer interaction design, and behavioral psychology will be considered a plus.
- Candidates must have a demonstrated capability to work both independently and effectively within a team environment, and will be expected to interact with and present to clients.
- Code and writing samples may be requested.
- A US citizenship is required for this position.
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
316 total views, 1 today