Charles River Analytics: Software Engineer, Cognitive Systems (CS0105-MF)
Location: Cambridge, MA
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer with an interest in Human Behavior Modeling and/or Human Factors Engineering to implement various modeling technologies in a well-defined domain.
Working closely with our Principal Investigators, the software engineer will participate in the design of intuitive representations of human behavior models, and implement these designs in software. The selected candidate will also support evaluation of research ideas (both empirical and qualitative) through the development of software tools. It will be necessary for the selected candidate to read and comprehend the content of scientific papers and work with our Principal Investigators to apply previous research to the implementation of new designs, while remaining abreast of current software development practices.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or Engineering and 2-5 years of software development experience including designing, programming, and documenting complex software systems on Windows and Unix/Linux
- Demonstrated expertise with Java, Swing, Object-Oriented Design, XML, and UI design
- Working knowledge of software engineering practices (e.g., reading/generating software specs, following software coding guidelines)
- First-hand experience with behavior models, AI algorithms, and human-computer interaction design will be considered a strong plus
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively to develop innovative solutions to research questions
- Demonstrated accountability and responsibility for the success of research and development projects
- Code and writing samples may be requested
- The selected candidate may need to obtain a government security clearance, therefore US citizenship is required.
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
455 total views, 1 today