Charles River Analytics: Software Engineer, Cognitive Systems (CS041712-RK)
Location: Cambridge, MA
This is an excellent opportunity for a Software Engineer with an interest in graphical user interfaces (GUI) to contribute to the development and support of software solutions across several exciting domains.
You will work closely with our Principal Investigators and development teams, participate in the design of user-centered interfaces, implement these designs in software, and validate the designs and implementation against user needs. You will also support evaluation of research ideas (both empirical and qualitative) through the development of software tools. You will need to be able to comprehend the content of scientific papers and work with our Principal Investigators to apply previous research to rapidly prototype new designs, while remaining abreast of current software development practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering and 2-5 years of experience designing, programming, testing, and documenting complex software systems on Windows.
- Demonstrated expertise with Java, unit testing, object-oriented design, XML, JSON, relational databases, and UI design.
- Candidates must have a working knowledge of software engineering practices (e.g., read/generate software specs, follow software coding guidelines, report and manage software defects).
- First-hand experience with AI algorithms, web application stacks (e.g., Ruby on Rails, Python, Django), human-computer interaction design, and behavioral psychology will be considered a strong plus.
- Candidates should have a demonstrated capability to work both independently and effectively within a team environment, and will be expected to interact with and present to clients.
- Code and writing samples may be requested.
- A US citizenship is required for this position.
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
307 total views, 1 today