Charles River Analytics: Software Engineer, Cognitive Systems (CS043012-SG)
Location: Cambridge, MA
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Software Engineer to work on cutting-edge intelligent systems applied to crowd sourcing problems, adaptive educational game development, and/or advanced adaptive visualization design problems. You will design and implement a variety of AI algorithms and user interfaces, working in small, project-oriented groups. You will read scientific papers, and work with our Principal Investigators to apply scientific research to real defense problems.
Working closely with our Principal Investigators, you will participate in a small team following the Agile development paradigm, Scrum, to address requirements across several advanced research and development efforts. You will participate in the design of advanced optimization tools and game-based training tools. In service of these responsibilities, you will need to keep informed of current software development practices, select the best technology solutions, and guide a team of engineers in implementing the envisioned designs.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or Engineering and 2-5 years of software development experience, including designing, programming, and documenting complex software systems on Windows and Unix/Linux.
- Demonstrated expertise with Java, web services (e.g., REST), and object oriented design.
- Working knowledge of software engineering practices (e.g., reading/generating software specs, following software coding guidelines).
- Experience using artificial intelligence (AI) algorithms for optimization and behavior modeling will be considered a plus.
- Game design and development experience will be considered a plus.
- Advanced and/or adaptive visualization design and development experience will be considered a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively to develop innovative solutions to research questions.
- Candidates must have a demonstrated ability to work both independently and effectively within a team environment, and may be expected to interact with clients and other performers.
- Code and writing samples may be requested.
- U.S Citizenship is required for this position.
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
402 total views, 1 today