Location: Chicago, IL
The Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP), is seeking to hire a Web
Front- End Developer. The Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP) is the official regional planning organization for the northeastern Illinois counties of Cook, DuPage, Kane, Kendall, Lake, McHenry, and Will. CMAP developed and now guides the implementation of metropolitan Chicago’s first comprehensive regional plan in more than 100 years, GO TO 2040, which was adopted unanimously by leaders from across the seven counties in fall 2010. To address anticipated population growth of more than 2 million new residents, GO TO 2040 establishes coordinated strategies that help the region’s 284 communities address transportation, housing, economic development, open space, the environment, and other quality-of-life issues. See www.cmap.illinois.gov
for more information.
Individual will work with Communications Director to enhance the CMAP website to better communicate agency priorities through development of the agency’s web front end.
1. Develop easy-to-maintain web tools and templates that enhance the agency’s website.
2. Program and implement web content that is faithful to design mockups.
3. Interface with web hosting and development consultants under contract to CMAP.
4. Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must be a self-starter who loves working with technology to achieve web communication objectives. The ideal candidate will prefer front end development because he or she is visually oriented, creative, and highly attuned to the user’s experience. Attention to detail is an essential skill; the developer should enjoying taking responsibility for fine tuning and quality checking. Applicant should have a creative mindset with a good eye for design issues (graphics, typography, and spacing), as well as high standards of quality assurance.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other appropriate IT discipline. Minimum three year’s work experience on front-end development. The website (www.cmap.illinois.gov
- Must understand the difference between standards mode and quirks mode.
- Experienced working in partnership with graphic designers.
- Prefer experience with developing for Flash, including data-intensive content.
- Familiar with PhotoShop and/or comparable image processing software (e.g., Gimp, Fireworks).
- Experienced with Firebug (and/or equivalents) for troubleshooting and quality assurance.
- Experienced in guaranteeing visual precision across multiple browsers, including IE7.
Your cover letter should include at least four links to recent web projects, briefly indicating the type and extent of involvement.
Office Automation Skills: MS Word, Access, Excel, Power Point.
Send your resume and cover letter with at least four links to recent web projects, briefly indicating the type and extent of involvement. Include Job Code WFED035
CMAP: Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning
233 S. Wacker Drive, Suite 800
Chicago, IL 60606
Emailed resumes will receive an auto receipt. Position open until filled. The Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply: Send your resume and cover letter with at least four links to recent web projects, briefly indicating the type and extent of involvement. Include Job Code WFED035
CMAP: Chicago Met
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
475 total views, 1 today