Collette Vacations: .Net Web Developer
- Responsible for the programming of all the companies websites including the US, Canadian, United Kingdom, and other brands or partner sites.
- Work with the Online Marketing Team to develop and integrate programming changes for all new functionality, changes to existing functionality and issues relating to all websites.
- Create and maintain web interfaces to internal systems or external partners.
- Maintain and integrate database connectivity using MS SQL as the back end database of the site. Organize and migrate new and old systems connectivity with Pivotal Databases and Neo.
- Own the system architecture; defining best practices for code development, framework development & unit testing including the review and performance of stored procedures used for the sites.
- Design, develop and test scalable, cross-browser compatible web front-ends, middle-tier business objects and framework, and efficient database structures
- Maintain documentation for new and existing source code
- Research and integrate a Content Management System best suited for company needs
- Administer all website security software and adjust to security needs as they change.
- All coding and problem resolution needs to follow the IT Department Standards regarding Secure Coding. In addition all developers should always be conscious about security related matters and bring any matters to their manager’s attention.
- Administer IIS 7.0 and FTP functions
- Administer and develop interfaces for our bulk email provider and develop ways to integrate email solutions into our company’s CRM systems.
- Keep abreast of the latest programming techniques to insure all code is up to par for current releases.
- Work with internal and external resource teams
- Any and all other duties as assigned
- .Net technologies (C#, ASP.NET, ASPMVC)
- XML, JSON
- HTML, Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or better.
- Transact SQL (T/SQL)
- Stored Procedures
- IIS 7.0+
- FTP services
- Bachelors Degree or other 4 year college degree program
- 5+ years .NET development with extensive knowledge of the .NET framework, C# and/or VB.NET, ASP.NET, MCV and Object Oriented Programming
- Extensive (2-3) MS SQL experience
- Experience with Transact SQL (T/SQL) including Queries, Stored Procedures, and Views
- Extensive experience debugging code and analyzing existing code for user issues
- Significant interaction with end users
- Independent, self-starter with the ability to deliver on multiple priorities
- Significant experience with front end interfaces
- Excellent written & oral communication skills are a must
- Experience using ADO to access multiple databases
- Experience with Source control (SourceSafe, TFS, Subversion, Git, etc.)
- Experience with unit testing frameworks such as NUnit is preferred
- “Travel Bug” while not required is always welcome!
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
207 total views, 1 today