Location: Philadelphia, PA
Responsibilities: As a member of Comcast’s Interactive Media Engineering team the candidate will provide technical expertise within cross-functional project teams. Responsibilities range from high-level logical architecture through low-level detailed design and implementation, including:
– Producing technical designs and documentation at varying levels of granularity
– Writing code that meets functional requirements and is testable and maintainable
– Writing tests to verify that code meets functional requirements
– Work closely with other software and QA engineers to build a quality product
– Minimum of three (2) years software development experience in Java
– Thorough knowledge of object-oriented design methodology and standard software design patterns.
– Firm grasp of testing methodologies and frameworks.
– Experience with Java application servers and J2EE containers (Tomcat).
– Solid understanding of Spring, Hibernate frameworks and REST based architecture.
– Experience in caching especially in HTTP compliant caches.
– Fundamental understanding of the HTTP protocol
– Experience developing with Major MVC frameworks (Spring MVC)
– Experience consolidating and normalizing data across many data sources, specifically Internet data aggregation and metadata processing.
– Familiar with agile development methodologies such as Scrum
– Strong technical written and verbal communication in English
– UNIX background (Solaris/Linux)
– CDN Experience is a plus (e.g. Akamai)
– Familiarity with cloud computing (S3, SQS, Hadoop…).
– Experience with logical and physical database design: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, and content management systems
– Bachelors degree in Engineering or Computer Science required, Masters degree preferred
To apply: email@example.com
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
377 total views, 1 today