Location: Philadelphia, PA
Comcast Interactive Media (CIM), Comcast’s online media division, is seeking a Senior Software Architect to join the engineering group at its Philadelphia location. If you are excited by the thought of designing technical architectures that deliver web content to millions of users a month, across multiple data centers, while still being able to “get your hands dirty” in the details of systems and code, then this is the position for you!
Our ideal candidate has both excellent technical and communication skills, being able to work comfortably with both front-line engineers and executive business stakeholders. The Software Architecture group is responsible for maintaining a coherent technical architecture across multiple consumer-facing websites and webservices in the face of rapidly changing business environments, guiding implementation teams towards a common architectural vision that positions the organization well for executing against its roadmap.
· Producing technical designs and documentation at varying levels of granularity
· Working with business stakeholders to understand their roadmaps and identify critical technical capabilities that need development.
· Resisting the accrual of “technical debt” in our systems.
· Working with development teams to assist them in meeting business goals through the use of good technical design.
· Mentoring more junior members of the technical staff.
· Building proof-of-concept systems or conducting exploratory experiments with new technology.
· Serving as a solution architect and owning the end-to-end technical design for critical initiatives.
· 7+ years of relevant hands-on technical leadership experience of software developers, systems administrators, and/or architects, including a record of individual technical contribution.
· Technical excellence and a strong academic background. BA/BS in Computer Science required, MS/PhD a plus.
· Experienced in the design of Internet-scale applications and platforms; knowledgeable in performance tuning and capacity management.
· Excellent writing and presentation skills.
· Ability to earn the trust of developers through a combination of demonstrated technical merit and good “people skills”.
· Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
219 total views, 1 today