Location: Philadelphia, PA
Comcast Interactive Media (CIM), Comcast’s online media division, is seeking a Software Engineer to join the Strategic Infrastructure engineering group at its Philadelphia location. The Strategic Infrastructure group is responsible for developing and maintaining fault-tolerant, scalable software that helps CIM launch new products efficiently and with confidence. If you are excited by the thought of developing software that delivers web content to millions of users a month, across multiple data centers, then this is the position for you!
Our ideal candidate loves to write code and understands that it takes a lot of different types of people to launch successful technology products. As a Software Engineer, you have excellent technical and communication skills, being able to work comfortably on multiple projects with people from engineering, product management, technical operations, and QA teams.
· Consistent ability to produce technical designs and implementations that are robust, maintainable, and meet the needs at hand and are well-accepted by peers and other technical leaders
· Writing code that meets functional requirements and is testable and maintainable
· Writing tests to verify that code meets functional requirements
· Presenting technical material to technical and non-technical audiences
· Prioritizing work across multiple projects
· Mentoring more junior members of the technical staff
· Technical excellence and a strong academic background;
· Large Scale distributed systems (MultiDatacenter Distributed Systems, Distributed Hash Tables)
- Knowledge about Amazon web services including S3, EC2, SQS and SimpleDB
· Solid understanding of fundamental software engineering practices including version control, build processes, continuous integration, and deployment
· Ability to earn the trust of developers through a combination of demonstrated technical merit and good “people skills”
· Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
· Self directed / self starting – needs a minimum of active support for getting a given task accomplished
· Familiar with agile development methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, etc.
To apply: Send a resume to Steven_Schumacher@comcast.com
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
267 total views, 1 today