Location: Philadelphia, PA
Sr. Web Developer
Comcast Interactive Media, “CIM”, is the division focused on growing the company’s online media business, a top priority for Comcast, by:
• Developing and acquiring compelling online businesses/products to drive profitable growth.
• Providing value-add features and services for Comcast cross-platform products to drive continued differentiation in the core business.
• Building a long-term, scalable, IP-based media delivery platform.
CIM currently manages:
• XFintiyTV.com, we have created one all-inclusive escape that combines everything you want to know about TV, movies, and celebrities. More than just the latest entertainment buzz, XFintiyTV is also your number one place to find what to watch, where to watch it, and when it’s available.
• Comcast.net, the portal for Comcast’s broadband subscribers, and a leading internet site with over 15MM unique visitors per month (top 30), 3 Bn page views per month (top 10), and 65MM online videos streamed per month (top 15).
• Fandango, the leading online movie ticketing and entertainment destination with over 4MM UVs
• thePlatform, a B2B content management service provider.
• …and many other new online businesses in development
* Translate Photoshop documents and wireframes into valid, semantically
structured web pages and stylesheets. Candidate must be able to develop
complex layouts without tables.
* Add behavioral enhancements (visual effects, form validation) to web pages through the use of unobtrusive, DOM-compliant scripts.
* Work with feature creation teams and content editors to develop, implement and refine new feature requests for Comcast.net and other products
* Implement routine bug fixes, patches, copy updates and other maintenance duties
* Conduct feasibility reviews of design concepts with graphic design team members
* Create prototypes to aid planning phase of projects
* Communicate development status to project managers and other team members
* Write development documentation for internal use and guidelines for
* Research emerging web technologies and techniques in order to drive the evolution of the groups’ best practices
*5+ years experience building accessible, cross-platform web sites and web applications
* HTML 5, XHTML 1, XML
* CSS 2, CSS 3
* Knowledge of web standards best practices
* Knowledge of web browser compatibility issues and workarounds (Mac and PC)
* Knowledge of accessibility laws and accessible development techniques
* Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook (Entourage)
* Experience with SEO
Additional Preferred Skills:
* Knowledge of asynchronous client programming techniques (AJAX)
* Knowledge of source control systems systems (SVN, Git)
* Experience building applications
* Experience writing unit and integration tests
Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace employer
To apply: Send a resume to Steven_Schumacher@comcast.com
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
332 total views, 1 today