Location: Philadelphia, PA
As a Studio Manager UX in the CIM User Experience group, your key responsibilities will primarily focus on resource and project management, and requires expert understanding of user experience best practices and the application of the experiences within a wide variety of scenarios across platforms (PC, mobile, TV).
You will work with our art directors to ensure their projects are properly staffed and that the UX team stays on target and on time. This position requires leading team members to identify tasks, effort estimates and negotiate for specific resource skills within the shared services organization.
The Studio Manager UX directs, facilitates and collaborates on UX solutions with directors, art directors, designers, architects and other UX specialists for all CIM products and features, and is an integral member of the UX team’s creative process in delivering world class customer experiences.
This role requires working with team members to identify tasks and estimates, building and managing to project plans, working with a core team of functional leads to identify, assign and commit functional resources to meet commitments, develop communication plans, coordinating deliverables. Supports the Sr. Director in identifying and implementing process improvements to enhance workflow efficiencies.
· Manage all partner requests for the Studio team, prioritizing those projects within our larger roadmap and allocate resources to staff them.
· Deliver UX schedules in alignment with overarching project plans, articulating and tracking project milestones, deliverables and risks with the UX team, in addition to communicating progress, near term tasks/deliverables, issues and accomplishments.
· Provide UX process leadership, expertise, and support, helping define project approach to accommodate constraints while delivering the best user experience.
· Collaborate with and participate in ideation and concept explorations with the UX team throughout any project lifecycle, facilitating and driving UX solutions, discussions and planning.
· Serve as a liaison between product leads, project managers and the UX team, identifying and managing UX specific project risks such as resource needs, usability testing and research, SEO integration, creating associated mitigation plans.
· Prepare and deliver UX presentations and road shows representing the user experience organization with in-depth knowledge of why design and information architecture choices are being made.
· Contribute to the growing library of knowledge around user-centered design both through the products developed and best practice research.
· Take the lead on managing external vendor contracts directly related to UX support.
· Mentoring and coaching of staff on core UX skills and project oversight.
· Minimum of 3 years of staff management.
· Minimum involvement of 6 years producing interactive experiences and industry experience in media, communications, web presence or development environment.
· Bachelors Degree in Business, Design, Computer Science, Human Factors or equivalent work experience with any combination of expert Writing, Visual Design, Information Architecture, Presentation and Collaboration skills.
· Excellent facilitation, brainstorming and collaboration skills with expert user experience orientation and exceptional people skills.
· Proficient with diverse writing, presentation, project management, and image manipulation software.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively across organizational boundaries with the ability to prioritize and execute.
· Knowledge and practice of UX industry best practices including User-Centered Design.
· Expresses a passion and desire to innovate and push boundaries.
· Proven experience as a leader developing products to large consumer base.
· Experience in an agency environment executing UX a plus (e.g., Razorfish, Sapient, AKQA, etc.); track record of product development-oriented projects preferable.
· Experience managing external partner relationships and resources.
To apply: Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
247 total views, 1 today