Comcast: Sr. Software Engineer, Data Services
Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Individual and collaborative design of product capabilities and system infrastructure for the Interactive Media platform and associated product offerings?
- Individual contributor responsible for the implementation and optimization of the platform and application software?
- Technical leadership and the ability to mentor and advise less experienced team members?
- Work closely with other software, QA and deployment engineers to build a quality product?that is both easy to deploy and operate in a production environment
- Work closely with management team to ensure success throughout entire SDLC
- Implementation of highly available REST design patterns and scalable web services?
- Resource modeling ??
- Minimum of seven (7) years software development experience in Java?
- Thorough knowledge of object-oriented design methodology and standard software design patterns?
- Familiar with Service Oriented Architecture?
- Experience with Java application servers and J2EE containers (Jetty and Tomcat) ?
- Experience consolidating and normalizing data across many data sources, specifically Internet data aggregation and metadata processing?
- Experience designing software andproviding technical leadership and guidance to junior engineers?
- Experience with logical and physical database design: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, object data stores, rich media databases, LDAP, PostgreSQL, and/or content management systems
- Experience with multi-processor environments ?
- UNIX background (Solaris/Linux)?
- Strong technical written and verbal communication in English
- Familiar with Spring, Hibernate, and REST?
- Working knowledge of Internet search ?
- Familiarity with current Digital Rights Management and Public Key Infrastructure technologies
- Possesses highly-developed communication skills.
- Develops rapport within the team and organization
- Takes ownership of projects and features.
- Provides a technical leadership role within the organization.
- Helps to technically mentor other developers.
- Assesses/adopts new technologies.
- Works with Specialists to understand, adopt, advocate, and enforce standards.
- Provides intensive code review.
- Possesses advanced understanding of the core competencies, languages, technologies, etc.
- Thought-Leadership: Influences technical and product roadmaps through well-presented and empirically- sound ideas.
To apply: Send a resume to Steven_Schumacher@comcast.com
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
294 total views, 1 today