Location: Guelph, Ontario CANADA
a leading developer of software and service provider for the sensory evaluation
and market research community, based in Guelph, Ontario, is seeking a talented
web developer to contribute to a fast-growing web application.
As a web developer, you’ll be helping to build an application that’s already
being used by some of the world’s leading companies in many languages and many
countries world wide.
You’re passionate about web technologies. You know your way around a PC or a
Mac, but can work in a primarily-PC environment. You’ve got your favourite
browser, but you’re as comfortable debugging a display problem in IE7 as you
are making some nice-looking rounded box corners for Webkit.
Your skill set set should include a strong understanding of HTML, CSS and
your knowledge of earlier versions of these web languages is still strong. The
DOM is your friend, and you can pick out a conflicting CSS rule with a keen
knowledge of jQuery.
And you know, one day someone else is going to look at your code, so you make
it beautiful and well-documented.
Having some familiarity with ASP.NET is helpful but not essential. Comfort with
PHP and MySQL would be handy (but not required), as you’ll be contributing to
some other projects as well.
You’ll collaborate with .NET developers and work through wireframing and
prototypes to come up with the best solution to some complex problems.
This is a three-month full-time contract position, with option for renewal at
the end of the contract.
the web application
• Coding and prototyping new features / pages for the web application
• Contributing to solving application challenges – developing new features,
refining existing ones
• Optimizing existing and new components of the application to work on a wide
variety of internet capable devices
• Customizing client sites as necessary
• Assisting in other web-development aspects of the business, including
maintaining and growing corporate web properties
• Familiarity with jQuery and AJAX
• Good understanding of current web technologies
• Understanding of design principles
• A focus on user experience
• Familiarity with ASP.NET
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Good written communication skills (email and documentation are essential)
• Photoshop/Illustrator skills are an asset
• Experience developing for a variety of web platforms
• Some familiarity with web development for mobile platforms (iOS, Android,
• Passion for contributing to a great product!
To apply: If this sounds like your kind of job, please submit your resumé and a scanned, hand-written cover letter (Yes, analog style, just to make sure you’re paying attention) to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than April 21, 2011.
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
252 total views, 1 today