Location: San Francisco, CA
Location: San Francisco, CA
ABOUT US: Context Optional builds software on top of the APIs of social networks, such as Facebook and Twitter. We provide our customers (large brands like Live Nation, Kohls, and Safeway) with a platform to manage their social networking presence — build and launch applications, communicate with fans, and interpret analytics. Its an emerging and super hot area of social networking, which some have dubbed “Social CRM” or “Social Media Management Platforms.” And ours is the best.
We love what we do and we have a culture of innovation, self-direction, knowledge sharing, and fun. We are DJs, rock stars, marathoners, dog lovers, dads, moms, theater goers, tattoo aficionados, foodies, and beyond. Join the team!
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a Developer on our Premium Apps team, youll work on high end Facebook apps with millions of users. Premium Apps include everything from viral games to massive charity campaigns. Youll work closely with Product Managers, Account Managers, customers, and other Developers to design, build, and deploy apps that integrate with our platform.
Ideal candidates are top notch developers who also “get” social networking and can speak well in front of customers.
- Design and code applications end-to-end – including database models, application logic, and presentation layer
- Work with a solid team of experienced developers and designers with a great deal of variety
- Own your own projects that generally run 5-10 weeks
- Be part developer, part project manager and part designer while interfacing with web-savvy brand managers at well-known companies
- Use agile processes in ways that are a benefit, not a chore
- Be a part of cutting edge projects that are fun, unique, challenging and constantly evolving
- Significant experience and interest in building and launching strong web applications
- Fluent in one or more web languages like Ruby, Java, PHP, Python, Perl
- A strong interest in social networks, with some exposure to the technology/concepts behind them
- Excellent communication and documentation skills, with the ability to consistently contribute creative ideas
- CS degree, or equivalent
HIGHLY DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE
- Some experience with Ruby on Rails
- Previous experience scaling high volume webapps and building apps on Facebook
- Familiarity with MySQL or similar relational databases
- Familiarity with jQuery, HAML, MongoDB, Rails 3.0, Ruby 1.9
Context Optional offers an attractive and competitive compensation package including base salary, stock options, health/vision/dental insurance, Fidelity 401(k), pre-tax commuter deductions, and a casual office environment.
This position is located in the heart of downtown San Franciscos Union Square district, near the Powell Street BART stop.
And, yes, we do have a ping pong table and have developed an app to fuel the competition: www.conpong.com
If you are interested in this position, please apply through our link on JobScore. Each application will be personally considered. Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you.
Context Optional, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, marital status, age, national origin, physical handicap, disability, medical condition or ancestry, sexual orientation or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. All such discrimination is unlawful.
To apply: Apply Here: http://www.applytracking.com/track.aspx/DCSX
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
736 total views, 1 today