Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Software Developer at Context Optional in Colorado Springs
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
ABOUT CONTEXT OPTIONAL
ABOUT US: Context Optional builds software on top of the APIs of social networks, such as Facebook and Twitter. We provide our customers (large brands like Live Nation, Kohls, and Safeway) with a platform to manage their social networking presence — build and launch applications, communicate with fans, and interpret analytics. Its an emerging and super hot area of social networking, which some have dubbed “Social CRM” or “Social Media Management Platforms.” And ours is the best.
We love what we do and we have a culture of innovation, self-direction, knowledge sharing, and fun. We are DJs, rock stars, marathoners, dog lovers, dads, moms, theater-goers, tattoo aficionados, foodies, and beyond. Join the team!
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking an experienced software developer to join our Social Marketing Suite team. Youll be working with a group of engineers, designers, and and experienced product director to create web-based tools that interface with Facebook and Twitter. The team is largely self-directed and practices an Agile-like methodology. We work in short iterations, with weekly milestones and immediate customer feedback. The team is distributed between Colorado and San Francisco. This position is an exciting opportunity to be part of a Bay Area startup without moving to California!
- Design and code applications end-to-end – including database models, application logic, and presentation layer
- Work with a solid team of experienced developers and designers with a great deal of variety
- Own your own projects that generally run 5-10 weeks
- Be part developer, part project manager and part designer while interfacing with web-savvy brand managers at well-known companies
- Use agile processes in ways that are a benefit, not a chore
- Be a part of cutting edge projects that are fun, unique, challenging and constantly evolving
- Significant experience and interest in building and launching strong web applications
- Fluent in one or more web languages like Ruby, Java, PHP, Python, Perl
- A strong interest in social networks, with some exposure to the technology/concepts behind them
- Excellent communication and documentation skills, with the ability to consistently contribute creative ideas
- CS degree, or equivalent
HIGHLY DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE
- Some experience with Ruby on Rails
- Previous experience scaling high volume webapps and building apps on Facebook
- Familiarity with MySQL or similar relational databases
- Familiarity with jQuery, MongoDB, Rails 3.0, Ruby 1.9
Context Optional offers an attractive and competitive compensation package including base salary, stock options, health/vision/dental insurance, Fidelity 401(k), pre-tax commuter deductions, and a casual office environment.
This position is located in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your cover letter and current resume. Each application will be personally considered. Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you.
Context Optional, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, marital status, age, national origin, physical handicap, disability, medical condition or ancestry, sexual orientation or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. All such discrimination is unlawful.
To apply: Apply Here: http://www.applytracking.com/track.aspx/9Prh
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
402 total views, 1 today