Location: Portland, OR
COPIOUS is a great team of very talented folks based in Portland, Oregon that takes a craftsmanship approach to creating great interactive experiences. We’re looking for an experienced software engineer to help us deliver integrated apps to our hand-picked list of regional and national clients.
Ideally, you are someone with:
- At least five years proven experience building awesome applications,
- Experience working with scalable, low latency system architectures,
- Ability to work in an agile team, focused on one or two products at a time,
- Ability to quickly pick up new technologies and incorporate them into production software,
- An appreciation for solid approaches to backups, security, and performance,
- Attention to detail and pride in your work, and
- Full-time ability to work with us here at our Portland office. If you’re not here yet but would be willing to relocate, that’s cool, too.
So, how do you fit in? We’re looking for a self-starter with the ability to take on a range of complex challenges, initially focused on highly scalable e-commerce systems. Typically, you’ll start-off with a daily stand-up meeting to get a feel for what’s in the pipeline and what others on the team are working on. Then it’s a mix of extended blocks of development time, helping a fellow developer solve a nasty bug. Maybe you’ll write a post for our company blog. We set agendas for meetings. We thrive on collaboration, so there’s ample opportunity to walk a few feet to chat with the designer or roll over to the strategist to discuss functionality. If you’ve got your headphones on, though, we won’t interrupt you unless it’s an emergency.
What is COPIOUS?
Well, we’re not a start-up, as we’ve been in business for 10 years, but we try to keep it flexible. We’re a hybrid agency / development shop that focuses on interactive projects. We do have time sheets. We don’t have departments. We have an experienced technical lead and tight-knit engineering team, talented account management, and first-class designers and copywriters. Oh, and our creative and strategic leads have been at this for awhile now. Check us out and see for yourself.
To apply: If you think you’re a great fit, send us an email. Show us your GitHub repos, some code you’ve created and maybe some links to live websites running code you’ve written. Tell us about a technology you’ve been playing with that has you excited. Le
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
252 total views, 1 today