Location: Houston, TX
A unique assortment of people makes for a unique work environment. At cPanel, we enjoy the appreciation of our colleagues, meet challenging demands with a sense of accomplishment, and have a great time while making a difference.
cPanel offers competitive pay, tremendous benefits, and a diverse workforce where you can make a difference. We’re proud of the talented, driven folks who work here. Our atmosphere may be relaxed, but we’re serious about helping our employees succeed.
- Technical skills- advanced technical skills which include:
- Extensive understanding of HTML 4.01 and working knowledge of HTML 5 specifications
- Strong understanding of cross browser design considerations and issues
- Strong understanding of user experience design principles
- Strong understanding of CSS-based design
- Ability to rapidly prototype user interfaces in working HTML with CSS based upon simple wireframe models
- Working knowledge of Linux based operating systems, their underlying components and web related services:Web Servers (Apache, LiteSpeed, etc),SQL Servers (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc),Mail Servers (Exim, Sendmail etc), DNS Servers (BIND),Linux Filesystems (ext3, reiser, etc)
- Working knowledge of Perl
- Demonstrable experience using Template::Toolkit or other extensible template processing systems is a plus
- Educational/Experience – High School diploma or equivalent;
- Two or more years of Linux, FreeBSD and Apache training, a related certification,or equivalent experience
What is cPanel?
cPanel makes software for the web hosting industry. So first, let’s define web hosting.
Every website on the Internet must be “hosted.” That means that the site, which is really just a group of files, lives on a web server, or fancy computer.
Companies that provide web hosting (called “hosting providers” or “web hosts”) may maintain one or many servers.
The servers are actually housed in facilities called data centers, which provide the basics, including space for the servers, reliable power and temperature controls, and Internet access. Some web hosts own a data center, while others lease space from one.
Typically, hosting providers offer website owners more than just Megabytes on a server—they also provide technical support, monitoring (in case there’s a problem with a site), and other services.
They’re similar to landlords—they own the “building” (or server) and supply amenities to “tenants” (website owners). Like landlords, they have lots of jobs and responsibilities.
Years ago, a hosting provider could spend hours configuring, securing, and installing hundreds of pieces of software in order to set up a website.
Then in 1997, cPanel came along.
That’s because cPanel simplifies tedious, time-consuming tasks for hosting providers and website owners. All kinds of actions, from tweaking security measures to setting up email accounts or giving a user FTP access, now take just a few seconds.
We also make it easier for web hosts to install popular software packages like blogs, shopping carts, databases, and more. That’s why top web hosting companies worldwide use our software.
To apply: Apply online via http://job.listings.cpanel.net/x/apply/a2ldog9y9ccv
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
160 total views, 1 today