Location: New York, NY
Crane & Co., Inc., a premier manufacturer of fine stationery and currency papers, is currently seeking an Interactive Designer for its digital business in NYC. The incumbent will manage and create all interactive and graphic art for its online business and digital services.
Reporting to the Director of Crane Digital, the Interactive Designer will be responsible for designing and creating email campaigns, online banner campaigns and the eCommerce site. The incumbent must possess solid typography, graphic and interaction design skills. Expertise with PhotoShop, Illustrator, HTML and CSS required. Flash, including ActionScript, is necessary. Understanding of HTML and CSS, as well as standards of web and email marketing is important.
The Interactive Designer will be expected to show initiative and have the ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively in a team. He/she must be an exceptionally gifted online graphic designer who thrives in a fast-paced retail environment and keeps current with design as it relates to a variety of evolving digital platforms.
The successful candidate will be responsible for brainstorming creative concepts with the project team, developing original design concepts, executing designs based on established style guides, participating in visual design presentations, developing detailed design specs for production, and overseeing freelance designers.
The Interactive Designer will work directly with the eCommerce Manager and the rest of the eCommerce team, including inventory management and product launch personnel. He or she will also liaise with marketing, brand, design and PR members of the division.
The Interactive Designer will design or create online graphics to meet specific commercial or promotional needs, such as presentations, web images, and email campaigns, videos, flash banners and online marketing campaigns. The incumbent will support the digital business and work with the marketing team for all things visual and graphic. He/she may use a variety of mediums to achieve artistic or decorative effects including, but not limited to:
- Graphic Design and Production (Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- PowerPoint for Presentation Animation
- E-mail Campaigns (HTML/CSS, Silverpop a plus)
- Promotional Signage (Illustrator or InDesign)
- Photography and Video editing a plus (Photoshop, Premiere, AfterFX, Camtasia Studio, Soundbooth, Flash)
- Ability to create, modfiy and optimize HTML and CSS at code level a plus
· Bachelor’s degree in design/interactive media or related field or equivalent experience
· 5 – 10 years of visual design experience
· Fluent in industry standard design tools listed above
· Hands-on expertise in production for online media, including best practices and media-specific limitations
· Proven success in driving and directing the creative process, strong conceptual thinking
· A solid understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, interaction, site architecture, user interfaces and navigation
· Able to brainstorm and mock up design ideas in a fast-paced environment
· Experience designing for social media platforms
· Experience designing for, or working with, various tablet applications (iPad, etc.)
· An excellent communicator, comfortable leading initiatives and managing across functional areas. Strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
· Proven “hands-on” problem solver. Flexible, able to manage time effectively and juggle overlapping priorities
· Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects; able to concurrently handle projects with cross-functional teams
· Awareness of social correspondence and personal communication landscape and capabilities a plus.
· An understanding of Social, Business and Custom personalized stationery a plus
· Ability to travel overnight up to 25% of the time, primarily from NY office to Crane’s offices in Dalton, MA.
· Online portfolio required
Please visit our website at www.crane.com
to view our products, learn about our history, and see a video on our processes.
A competitive benefit package will be offered and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To apply: Qualified candidates may e-mail resume, cover letter and writing and/or multimedia samples to email@example.com or mail to:
CRANE & CO., INC.
30 South Street
Dalton, MA 01226
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
216 total views, 1 today