Creative B’stro: Web Developer
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
in code? Are you a natural collaborator who takes pride in doing good work for
the sake of doing good work? If your answer to these questions (and to most
reasonable requests) is YES, then we’d like to meet you. We’re a group of
casual music lovers and constructive dreamers looking for that special someone
to help make our online creative sing.
passion for building and conceiving creative concepts and user experiences. To
work with B’stro you need to be a team player skilled in matching strategic
direction with appropriate design and functionality. Day to day tasks include
concepting, brainstorming, programming and working within a team.
- Communication skills, organizational skills and
attention to detail
- Ability to design, develop, test, optimize and
maintain code written in web programming languages including: W3C Compliant
- Thorough knowledge of web trends, best practices, and
new technologies with the drive to stay informed on upcoming trends.
- Strong Quality Assurance skills—able to review work
and thoroughly test code
- Experienced with multimedia technologies (audio,
video, streaming, etc)
- Ability to translate design files into pixel perfect
websites that work across major browsers and platforms
- Able to document your code and programming structure
in a concise and easy to understand manner
- Knowledge of Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Expression Engine,
WordPress, ActionScript 2.0 and 3.0
- Design skills or an appreciation for good design
- Understanding of email template creation and
cross-browser, cross-platform constraints
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Marketbright or other
campaign management systems
We will be looking at your sites and calling references so please be honest
about which elements of the project were yours. We are looking for people with
leadership and communication skills to work collaboratively with clients and
creative team members. You will be expected to work within budgets, juggle
multiple tasks under pressure, articulate creative ideas and meet strict
Computer Science, Interactive Art and Technology, New Media or related field.
Masters degree in Computer Science is an asset.
To apply: The best way to be considered for this position is to send us a link to your online portfolio and resume to email@example.com. Please give a brief description of why you want to work at Creative B’stro and how you are a great fit for this position.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
242 total views, 1 today