crowdSPRING is the world’s largest community of graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, writers and industrial designers – 76,000 from nearly every country on Earth. We are changing the way small businesses around the world buy creative work. 15,000 entrepreneurs, startups, small businesses and large Brands from 85+ countries have posted design and writing projects on crowdSPRING.
We have big plans ahead, but we can’t do it alone. We’ve looking for someone to come play with us. We want you. We need you. You … can complete us.
We’re looking for an experienced, creative back end software engineer to join our dev team of 4. Our site is seen monthly by hundreds of thousands of people around the world. Your contributions will be immediate and far-reaching. This isn’t the kind of gig where you’re handed a to-do list from a PM – you’ll help make the big decisions. You’ll not only be developing the code, you’ll also contribute to analysis, design, implementation, deployment, and maintenance. You’ll be a thought leader and driving force for coding standards and project lifecycle/rollout.
Bottom line: do interesting work that directly impacts a ton of people in a big way, change the way creative work is bought and sold, get paid to do it and be happy. If this sounds like you, read on…
This is you:
- 3+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
- Strong grasp of algorithms and data structures.
- Experience designing and building scalable, distributed systems.
- Ability to design and implement systems in Python.
- Passion about producing high quality code with unit testing.
- Familiar with one Python web framework (Django, Pylons, etc.).
- An entrepreneurial heart, a sense of humor, and desire to see your work used by people around the world.
Some or all of these would be awesome (we’d love you for sure) but not mandatory:
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine, Rackspace Cloud, etc.)
- You prefer small, agile teams that strive to push regularly and leverage rigorous automated testing and continuous integration.
- You are fine with wearing a dunce hat when you break the build.
- Experience hacking/maintaining open source software.
What you’ll do:
- Write clean, elegant, practical, code – primarily in Python.
- Collaborate in making high-level, technology decisions, with a keen eye towards innovation.
- Stay up-to-date with technologies so you can suggest new coding practices, recommend architecture changes and optimize scalability.
- Get paid to do what you love.
This is crowdSPRING:
- Competitive compensation, including incentive and stock option plans, full benefits (health, vision, dental, vacation), and a 401(k) Investment Plan with matching contributions.
- A fast-paced, fun and creative environment with a sharp, motivated team and a great opportunity to learn, grow, and succeed.
- Your choice of technologies and software – MacBook Pro or a PC.
- Aeron chairs (your butt will thank you).
- Unlimited ping-pong, Rock Band and Pac-Man.
We’re looking for incredibly smart, interesting people and we’re highly protective of the culture we’re building. This can be a pretty tough place to get into. If you’re used to a corporate environment, you will not be happy here. We’re looking for someone who is tired of building things for other people and wants to be part of building a company, not just software. If you’ve got the smarts and the creativity (and you don’t plan on showing up to the interview in a suit), we’d love to hear from you. There’re some big things happening here right now – it’s an incredibly exciting time.
No recruiters, please. Seriously recruiters, your emails will be rm -f’d immediately.
To apply: Send a resume to email@example.com
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
322 total views, 1 today