Dasient: User Experience Designer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
- Understand both customer and business needs. Develop them into concrete product features.
- Own the design of our user interface; from information architecture, down to widget-level design.
- Work iteratively with our team, developing wireframes, detailed mockups, and prototypes along the way.
- Effectively communicate new design ideas to the Dasient team and to our customers.
- Work closely with the engineering team to implement your designs. Create design documentation as needed along the way.
- Write production-ready HTML and CSS for our web-based products.
- Evaluate product designs with lightweight user research methods. (expert reviews, hallway usability, understanding customer needs through sales and support, etc.) Use what we learn to improve our product.
- At least 3 years experience designing web-based applications.
- A solid academic background in human-computer interaction, design, computer science, or a related field. (We know people get into User Experience from many backgrounds.)
- Experience writing production-ready HTML and CSS for web applications.
- Excellent leadership, communication, facilitation, and teamwork skills.
- Mastery of design layout tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, OmniGraffle, or Balsamiq.
- Basic information design and visual design capabilities. Basic understanding of typography, visual hierarchy, and page layout.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field.
- Understanding of how to apply user research into the product development process.
- Experience working closely with visual designers and copywriters. Knowledge about how and when to hire contractors to augment your own skill-set.
To apply: Send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
222 total views, 1 today