Location: Washington, DC
We are looking for someone who will be part of a team that is responsible for the conceptualization, design, creation, modification and support of our dynamic, user-focused web pages across the DictionaryCentral portfolio of sites. You should be a standards-compliant web developer interested in developing new projects and applications that will engage and educate our user base.
Other responsibilities will include improving operational efficiencies by creating and implementing technical solutions learned by researching and understanding emerging technologies. You will also be given the opportunity to develop applications that you are passionate about and that fall under our business model(s).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (1-5 years)
- Expertise with object-oriented PHP programming (knowledge of CGI and Perl also desirable)
- Expertise with MySQL, database design, configuration and performance tuning
- Expertise with LAMP technology and server configuration
- Experience in building scalable web sites
- Experience with MVC architecture (Zend framework preferred)
- Familiarity with web standards and user-oriented design
- Experience and interest in tackling usability and design issues
- Comfortable working with minimal technical guidance and supervision
- Experience with XML, AJAX and web APIs
- Knowledge of semantic HTML and SEO
- Experience integrating front-end templates with back-end functionality
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
DictionaryCentral is the hub-site for WebFinance, Inc’s portfolio of web properties. WebFinance, Inc. is an established internet company with over fifteen years experience developing and managing educational websites in a wide range of subject areas including business, investing, sports, law, construction, and many more.
In total, DictionaryCentral owns and operates over 30 best-in-class dictionary/reference websites, used by over 5 million people a month. We are constantly expanding our content scope with new, fresh material to help further educate our users, and our community is growing bigger every day. Our goal is to help as many people as possible by providing our visitors with reliable, high-quality, and easy-to-use reference material through glossaries, articles, tips, Q&A, and other educational tools
Based in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, the DictionaryCentral team consists of a diverse, highly talented group of business and web professionals. We’ve recruited and built a team of highly motivated and hard working individuals, and we are looking to hire other like-minded people to help support our growing success. At DictionaryCentral, we cultivate a fun and collaborative work environment where ideas take center stage and an extra emphasis is placed on professional and personal development.
To apply: Please send your resume and a brief summary of your experience with specific websites to firstname.lastname@example.org
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
254 total views, 1 today