DISQUS: DISQUS: Web Engineer
Location: San Francisco
Disqus is hiring a web engineer to work on the web application, initially focusing on developing new software for payments, monetization, and growth.
- Design and implement new features used my millions upon release
- Rapidly iterate using user feedback and internal metrics
- Collaborate and work alongside a small team of engineers
What it’s like working here
- Fast-paced environment with the right balance of quick, iterative development versus more deliberate, smart architecting
- You have a lot of freedom and flexibility to pursue projects your own way and set your own goals
- Small, very technically-minded team. We are a team of under 20 people, primarily engineers
- Casual but ambitious environment. We like what we do and we want to be the best at it. We’re also going to have fun doing it
What we’d like to see
- Expert with at least one programming languages, and very good with many others.
- Know Python well and at least familiar with Django
- Great understanding of software design principles.
- Very experienced with web application deployment and software design principles
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work out solutions to problems with others
- Self-directed and self-motiviated. You should be able to identify and prioritize projects as well as you can execute on them
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or ample evidence of skills
More about us
Disqus is a web service that builds and connects communities through a networked comment system. Hundreds of thousands of websites rely on Disqus to power their discussions, and millions of people regularly use the comment system in discussions all over the web. Disqus is the leading comment system, reaching over 100 million unique people per month.
Our company is a growing startup based in the SOMA neighborhood of San Francisco. We are a small, tech-heavy team focused on building powerful, versatile software which perform and scale well, while being a joy to use and accessible to everyone.
Disqus was founded in 2007 and is backed by investors Union Square Ventures and Y Combinator.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
191 total views, 1 today