Dow Jones: Front End Developer
Location: Princeton NJ, or "Anywhere" for the right candidate
seeking a motivated, hands-on front-end web developer to join our
front-end development team.
troubleshooting clean, web standards compliant code and work with
server-side developers to integrate this into the final product. We are
a dynamic, fast paced team working on defining the future state of a
critical part of our business.
- 3+ years experience in front-end web development
- Expert hands-on knowledge of XHTML/CSS (HTML5/CSS3 hugely important)
- Experience translating comps and wireframes into flexible and usable code templates
- Strong working knowledge developing cross platform/browser
compatibility (IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc.) for dynamic web
- Knowledge of graceful degradation from “Best Case” to “Internet Explorer 7.0” (No IE6 here 🙂
- Familiarity with and adherence to web standards and best practices for load time reduction and accessibility
- Experience with source/version control software is a plus — Subversion a plus
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of people
- Working knowledge of conditional CSS
- Working knowledge of LessCSS
- Knowledge of font replacement technologies
- Webkit, Objective C.
- You know the difference between Helvetica and Arial.
- You appreciate dry humor and sarcasm, when appropriate
- Great team player — Read: No divas.
- New Jersey/Princeton area preferred, but willing to work with telecommuters, occasional commuters, and remote.
- Will be paid through our internal payroll system, which provides
some decent perks for people who might be interested in getting health
- NO RECRUITERS
To apply: Send resume/cv to email@example.com. Code samples, links, are required, A portfolio site would is a huge plus so we can see your work.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
334 total views, 1 today