Dropcam: Backend Software Engineer – help make the next great gadget!
Location: San Francisco, CA
is a venture-funded startup developing the next great consumer gadget: a
consumer-focused, web-connected internet camera focused on the home monitoring
market. We’re a small team of 5
that’s already generating revenue, and we’d love your help developing a proud,
user-centric engineering culture and fulfilling our mission: watch anywhere
- Design and maintain the backend software that
powers the Dropcam platform
- Design and maintain tools to help manage Dropcam
- Maintain and provision servers
- Investigate bugs and diagnose issues
- Share your knowledge with the team by conducting
design and code reviews
- Fluent in Python and C
- Extensive knowledge of networking protocols and
technologies (SSL, etc.)
- Extensive experience developing networked
- Knowledge of Linux systems and POSIX
- Experience working with very large amounts of
data and scalable systems
- Experience with database systems (PostgreSQL
- A degree in computer science or related
technical discipline, or the equivalent
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Downtime makes you cry
- Good working knowledge of media codecs and
technologies (H.264, AAC, etc.)
consumer-focused, web-connected IP camera focused on the home monitoring
market. Our goal is to help you
watch the things you love from anywhere in the world and make sure they’re safe
online service that provides cloud-based recording and alert notifications.
online experience. The website (http://www.dropcam.com) is not only the main
source for information about the product but also the home of the service. Users watch video of their children
from work, their homes and cars while on vacation, and their businesses when
relaxing over the weekend.
Dropcam offers competitive
base salaries, pre-IPO stock options, health insurance, flexible hours, and a
group of great folks. We’re a
small team developing the next great consumer gadget – join us in making it a
To apply: Please apply by submitting your resume at http://dropcam.theresumator.com/apply/9vsDWX/Backend-Software-Engineer.html?source=37signals.
Other openings are listed at http://www.dropcam.com/jobs.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
435 total views, 1 today