Location: Los Angeles / West Coast preferred
We’re looking for a talented Ruby on Rails developer for East of Borneo, a collaborative online magazine of contemporary art based at the California Institute of the Arts in Los Angeles. We launched a little over one year ago and have a short list of features we’d like to add, in addition to troubleshooting a few existing problems, conducting an overall assessment of site performance and recommending other improvements to be made. At this point, we anticipate a busy initial project period of at least 3-4 months, based on the scope of work determined, and then an ongoing need of at least 10 hrs / month. You would be working offsite as part of a very small nonprofit team, so it is essential that you be able to follow through with projects and communicate effectively with our editorial staff. Though you would be working remotely, local or west coast candidates are greatly preferred.
– You have at least 1 year of experience with Ruby on Rails + PostgreSQL.
– You have some experience in working with a Code Repository System (Subversion + Git).
– You can work independently and communicate effectively with both techie and non-techie staff.
– You have a solid understanding of software fundamentals such as object-oriented programming, relational databases and revision control.
– You have a good grasp of web application fundamentals such as MVC and REST, as well as web application scalability and security.
– You have a portfolio of open-source or commercial work you are proud to show us, in addition to strong references that we can contact.
– You are pragmatic, choose the best tools for the job, have a passion for problem solving and like to try new technologies.
To apply: Please send your resume, portfolio, and hourly rate requirement to: email@example.com
Please include the words "Ruby Developer" in your subject line.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
371 total views, 1 today