Location: Chicago, IL
Edelman Digital is in search of a Technical Director to join our growing team.
Edelman Digital is the in-house digital and social marketing arm of Edelman PR, the largest independent PR firm in the world. We focus on the intersection of culture, commerce and media, assisting brands in leveraging digital and social tools to further engage their markets in ways that lead to improved relevance, affinity and preference….and ultimately, revenue.
We combine deep digital expertise with Edelman’s incredible communication credentials to create integrated and effective communications and experiences for our clients.
We are at a critical juncture in communications where the online market conversation has never been louder, further reaching, nor more active. Social media and digital marketing are now not “nice to haves” in the communications mix, they are essential to a brand’s overall image and success.
– Must have 2-3 years technology management experience in a digital agency environment working on a variety of small, medium and large web based sites and applications.
– 10+ years hands on experience with broad range of technologies including but not limited to: LAMP, .NET, SQL Server, XHTML/CSS, AJAX, Javacript, Web APIs such as Google, Facebook, Twitter.
– Ability to gather and document business, functional and technical specifications.
– Experience working with hardware architects to ensure a scalable software solution.
– Experience with Web analytics platforms such as Webtrends, Google Analytics and/or Omniture
– CMS experience such as Drupal, Expression Engine, Sharepoint and WordPress a plus.
– Social Media experience a plus, including understanding blogging systems, social network APIs and mobile.
– Some travel may be expected.
– Act as a senior level counterpart to client leadership, providing technical direction to the client. Create technical solutions with core team and development partners that achieve client’s desired business objectives while keeping in mind existing constraints.
– Document and explain proposed solutions for discussion with client.
– Write functional and technical briefs in coordination with Account Team.
– Write project technical documentation for internal/client reference.
– Collaborate with fellow Technical Directors to standardize technical solution procedures.
– Research and suggest new technologies and platforms.
– Proactively suggest cross functional areas to collaborate on new products and capabilities.
Technical Project Management:
– Manage day-to-day development of internal technical teams and external technical partners toward successful deliverables.
– Work in close partnership with Project Management team to set realistic timelines, and offer options (with appropriate opportunity costs) when phasing strategies must be employed.
– Ongoing management of live sites/systems in collaboration with client as well as project management, creative and account teams.
– Act as the primary technical contact for clients and delegating work to developers or development partners.
The Chicago office fosters a collaborative and team-oriented environment among a close-knit, engaging and diverse workforce. If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please submit your resume through our career page. Edelman offers a generous compensation and benefits package. We look forward to hearing from you!
Edelman is the world’s largest independent public relations firm, with wholly owned offices in 60 cities and 4,000 employees worldwide. Edelman was named Advertising Age’s top-ranked PR firm of the decade and one of its “2010 A-List Agencies” and “2010 Best Places to Work;” PRWeek’s “2011 Large PR Agency of the Year;” European Excellence Awards’ “2010 Agency of the Year;” Holmes Report’s “Agency of the Decade” and “2009 Asia Pacific Consultancy of the Year;” and among Glassdoor’s top five “2011 Best Places to Work.” Edelman owns specialty firms Blue (advertising), StrategyOne (research), Ruth (integrated marketing), DJE Science (medical education/publishing and science communications), and MATTER (sports, sponsorship, and entertainment). Visit http://www.edelman.com
for more information. Edelman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply: Please apply directly to our website: https://tbe.taleo.net/NA1/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=EDELMAN&cws=1&rid=1433
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
359 total views, 1 today