Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
You know your basics: you can code HTML and CSS. JS is a plus, at the very least it doesn’t scare you and you’re willing to learn it. You have a good creative eye, you know the basics about color theory, typography and grid driven design. You’ve heard of responsive design. You like the design philosophy from A List Apart, 37Signals, AisleOne, Subtraction and the likes. Most of all you can bring fresh ideas to the table. You’re able to say “can we try it this way” and “let’s go in another direction” with good arguments and alternatives. If you bring with you any extra (relevant) skills, we will let you use them and help you grow. Finally, you do not need to be micro-managed, but you can handle the elevated pressure from time to time.
The job: you will design sales and marketing projects and help with a major redesign. The typical workflow will be sketch/wireframe, comp and code for the Drupal platform and for email newsletters. You will help with analytics, site admin (front end Drupal admin, not the server stuff) and ads. Plus, whatever else we come up with.
Us: Educational Concepts. We’re a Tulsa based company publishing “Clinician’s Brief”, the world’s leading publication for small-animal veterinarians. This is a scientific, peer-reviewed journal. We also publish “Exceptional Veterinary Team”, a companion publication for veterinary technicians and managers. We value work-life balance. We offer a competitive benefit package. We’ll try our best to make your job easier, including giving you free coffee, espresso and soda.
- Design mock-ups and develop them into full pages complete with CSS/HTML
- Design and develop functional prototypes from wireframes and mockups, and create proper documentation
- Work with stakeholders to understand and document project requirements to ensure that the application UI meets functional requirements
- Develop and optimize front-end UI functionality to ensure web applications are rendered consistently in cross-browser environments
- Expert knowledge of HTML (working knowledge of HTML 5) and CSS
- Experience with using Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash (ads only), & other Adobe applications
- Familiar with newsletter development
- Desired Knowledge Drupal or other CMS
- Desired Knowledge of Google Analytics and/or Omniture
- Desired Knowledge of OpenX or other ad servers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent communication, collaboration and problem solving skills
To apply: Send resume to email@example.com
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
390 total views, 1 today