Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Are you a developer with broad (tech) interests and an intrinsic drive for quality? Do you want to work on diverse projects within one platform? Do you want to work for the 2010 Dutch Startup of the Year (as voted by The Next Web readers), based in the center of Amsterdam? We expect a lot of you, but we also have a lot to offer:
- A great office with sit/standupdesks, table tennis, foosball, bar, Wii, XBOX Kinect and a lot of creative companies in the same building.
- A young team of 6 web developers, 2 content specialists, 2 online marketers, 2 sales/business developers and user experience freak.
- Great working conditions incl. lunch, the best green tea, espresso, fresh fruit, a public transport bike and full travel costs coverage.
- Options after your first year.
- A minimum of €1.000 per year (punishment if you don’t spend it!) personal budget for books, education and visiting congresses.
- A very learning-centered organisation, we often work wil external experts to make us smarter. We recently had internal trainings from Jteam over Lucene / SOLR and from Ariejan of Kabisa fae about continuous integration met o.a. Hudson.
We’re looking for a developer that has experience in multiple tech-stacks. You’ll be co-responsible for further development of Eduhub.nl and the backend systems that support it. You’ll work with CakePHP (90%), Ruby on Rails (10%), with a twist of Jquery and WordPress on the side. You’ll write tests with SimpleTest and Selenium during development. Every commit will be reviewed by a colleague. You’ll deploy your code to our speedy cloudhosted Nginx server with MySQL en Lucene/Solr, at our friends at True
Of course you work object oriented and your code is just as workable for you as your colleagues. You are required to think about and work on the architecture of our platform and the way things look. Just like us you derive pleasure from further developing your skills, also outside of webdevelopment.
What you create will very often be tested for impact on conversion with Visual Website Optimizer and Optimizely. Our development process is adapted from popular project frameworks like Kanban and Scrum to make it as agile and efficient as possible. Next to your daily scrum standup meeting and biweekly Sprint retrospective, we use Git, CodebaseHQ and DeployHQ to keep things agile. You’ll often be the scrum master yourself and in that role responsible for multiple deploys per day as well as process improvements you find neccessary.
What else do we expect from you?
- A continuous drive to improve yourself (ever heard of Kaizen?)
- Broad development interest, certainly not just in PHP or Ruby.
- Experience with one or more MVC frameworks (Cake, RoR, Zend, Symphony, etc).
To apply: Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t bother with a lengthy resume, we’re more interested in your motivation and github profile 🙂
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
1279 total views, 1 today