Location: New York City
Efficiency 2.0 is looking to grow its team of expert software developers in NYC. We believe that hiring the best engineers and continually improving on our Agile software development process is critical to building successful products. Our flagship product is a sophisticated web-based application to help consumers save money on their electricity bills written in Ruby on Rails, and we need your help to take it to the next level.
As a developer on our small core team you’ll have a huge impact on all of our current and future software projects. Your contributions will span from contributing to the product design process as a Tech Lead through implementation, deployment, refinement and ongoing performance and scalability tuning.
This position is for full-time employment, on-site at our office in NYC’s Financial District. Efficiency 2.0 will cover relocation costs for the right candidate.
What We’re Looking For
The right person for the job will have a strong commitment to engineering excellence and a drive for continuous process improvement. The other engineers on your team come to you for help with their problems because of your deep technical knowledge and your ability to distill complex business logic into a clean, maintainable set of classes and algorithms. Product managers and designers you work with want you on their projects because they know it increases the chances for success. For three or more years, you’ve been:
- Shipping web-based applications to production with Ruby on Rails
- Aggressively refactoring code to continue to improve its clarity and alignment with the best understanding of the domain model
- Studying and applying Object Oriented Design techniques
- Using Test-Driven Development to guide your software designs and catch bugs and regressions
- Pursuing software engineering as a craft outside of your day job
Additionally, you’ll need:
- Great code that you’re proud of, preferably open source. Or maybe you always think the code you wrote yesterday needs improvement, but other developers think it’s great. That’s even better.
- Experience building out automated deployment infrastructure for Rails applications with attention to throughput and latency
- Interest in working as part of an iterative, collaborative, Agile software development process. You’ll be able to work well alongside user experience designers, members of the science team and business stakeholders.
How We’re Different
For one, we’re different because we believe our work will have a significant positive impact on the environment. Also, you’ll be working with a team of smart and talented software engineers committed to delivering high quality software using an Agile process. We’re solving a wide array of challenging engineering problems, from modeling energy use algorithms in Ruby classes to building engaging user interactions on top of those algorithms to maximize our impact. We regularly use and contribute to Open Source Software projects.
We believe treating our employees right is important to doing great work. Here are the benefits we’re offering right now:
- Above market salary
- Equity — Everyone who works here owns a bit of the company’s success
- MacBook Pro — Each engineer gets the latest Apple gear (with a SSD)
- Conferences — Continue your learning at conferences and we’ll pick up the tab
- Free home-cooked lunch at the office each Friday—Enjoy it on our roof with great views of lower Manhattan
- Free soft drinks and snacks at the office
- Health insurance benefits
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Ten paid holidays each year
- Generous maternity, parental and wedding leave
About Efficiency 2.0
Founded in 2008, Efficiency 2.0 is a New York City-based startup focused on the development of software tools to help people understand and reduce their energy usage. Our products help consumers save money on their home electricity bills. We care about corporate culture and try to cultivate an exciting environment of hard working and passionate professionals.
Efficiency 2.0 is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply: Send your resume (in PDF, HTML or plain text format) to email@example.com. Let us know why you think you’d be a good fit. Please include a code sample, or (even better) links to some open source software you’ve worked on.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
188 total views, 1 today