Location: New York, NY
At Efficiency 2.0, we craft engaging user experiences that help people save energy. We’re looking for a User Experience Designer to drive our user research and product strategy efforts. Our flagship product is a sophisticated web-based application to help consumers save money on their electricity bills written in Ruby on Rails.
As the primary UX professional working on our small core team, you’ll have a huge impact on improving our product (and developing new ones). Your contributions will include facilitating the product design process through building, measuring (both qualitatively and quantitatively) and learning as we iterate.
We are looking for the right person, so if you think you have the chops we’d love to hear from you. This position is for full-time employment, on-site at our office in Manhattan, NYC. Efficiency 2.0 will cover relocation costs for the right candidate.
What We’re Looking For
You should be ambitious and confident in your ability to facilitate the product vision across the entire company. For three or more years, you’ve been:
- Creating and executing on a systematic user research strategy, including user interviews, usability tests and quantitative testings
- Representing the interest of the end user in all aspects of internal discussion during your projects
- Building prototypes (low fidelity / high fidelity as appropriate) and continually testing concepts and functionality with users
- Working with stakeholders to enforce usability heuristics
Additionally, You’ll Need
- An outstanding online portfolio demonstrating your work
- Experience developing user experiences width grid-based designs
- Expert skills in your prototyping tools of choice (e.g. OmniGraffle)
- Demonstrates creative, technical and analytical skills
- Minimum 3-5 years experience as an user experience designer or related experience
A major bonus would be the ability to create prototypes independently in HTML and CSS without assistance from developers.
To apply: Please include a link to your online portfolio, resume, and an interesting cover letter describing what you are passionate about to: firstname.lastname@example.org
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
182 total views, 1 today