Location: Santa Monica
We are seeking a talented Web Development Engineer to help with feature development on eHarmony’s fast-growing content & community websites. You will be responsible for major feature development, site optimization, and search engine optimization efforts. We’re a small startup team practicing agile development in Ruby on Rails and Drupal.
· Assist in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new features, primarily on ProjectWedding.com
· Develop functional prototypes and features from wireframes and mockups
· Collaborate with product managers, designers, editors, and other engineers to refine and improve the user experience.
· Be part of a top-notch team growing a state-of-the-art social media site
· Help continue the open and productive atmosphere within the Publishing Team
· Experience with at least one programming language (C/C++/Java/Python/Ruby).
· Experience with Ruby on Rails is a strong plus.
· Experience with Drupal and WordPress are strong pluses.
· Experience developing software in a Linux environment.
· Experience with Amazon cloud computing is a plus.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline. Technical majors (CS, CEng, EE, Physics) are preferred.
· Ability to take mockups and create high-performance features that meet the design and technical specifications following best practices for user experience and performance
· Advanced understanding of front-end optimization techniques, both in page size and perceived rendering time
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-effort, dynamic work environment
· Basic knowledge of version control tools such as Subversion
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Experience developing high volume consumer websites
· Self motivated and ability to drive features to delivery
· Project management skills are critical including adaptability, time management and meeting objectives.
· Must be a self-learner with strong creative problem solving abilities. Candidate must stay current with new technologies.
) was founded in 2000 and pioneered the use of relationship science to match singles seeking long-term relationships. Today the company offers a variety of relationship services in the United States, Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom and Brazil—with members in more than 150 countries around the world.
With more than 30 million registered users, eHarmony’s highly regarded singles matching service is a market leader in online relationships. On average, 542 eHarmony members marry every day in the United States as a result of being matched in the site.*
eHarmony also operates a network of dating and relationship, wedding planning and parenting websites that help users with the most important relationships in their lives.
eHarmony offers a fun, fast-paced environment with a game room and free snacks and sodas. Compensation packages include a base salary, discretionary bonus, pre-IPO stock options, and comprehensive benefits. eHarmony is based in Santa Monica, CA.
*2009 survey conducted for eHarmony by Harris Interactive®
To apply: If interested, please apply online at: https://jobs-eharmony.icims.com/jobs/1413/job
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
290 total views, 1 today