Location: Portland, OR – Santa Barbara, CA – or Telecommute
ELC Technologies is hiring!
At ELC we are proud of more than 100 years of combined application development experience including dynamic languages like Ruby, JRuby, Python, as well as strongly typed languages such as C and Java. Our knowledge of the Cloud lets us build true scalability into products. This experience, coupled with our creativity, has led us to build some of the largest, most used apps out there. We are experts in AGILE development, delivering working software in weeks, not months or years.
Our customer list includes Fortune 500 companies, major professional sports leagues, and universal media conglomerates. We have successfully completed sophisticated Ruby on Rails solutions, innovative interactive tools, trend setting mobile technologies as well as business critical applications. This has earned us the trust of some of the world’s largest companies.
We offer all the usual benefits… and if you’re located in Portland, an office with the world’s greatest espresso machine, a team of Kung Fu masters, Eight Ball champions, Nerf Gun Assassins, and world authorities on Dungeons and Dragons.
We’re passionate about many things here at ELC, such as:
– Building software, mainly in Ruby on Rails but have been known to find the right tool for the right job (Scala, Erlang, and Clojure come to mind).
– Having fun, we believe that going to work should carry the same anticipation as that 10 minutes leading up to elementary school recess.
– Being Agile, we don’t force-feed one specific process, but pick and choose what is going to work on a per team/per project basis.
– Solving real world problems without compromising creativity.
Here’s what we look for in our DevOps hires:
You will be a core part of our engineering team to help design, build, and maintain systems necessary for our rapid growth. This will be range from building deploy scripts to identifying and destroying scaling bottlenecks.
– Strong problem solving skills.
– Have at least 1 year experience managing/developing systems using AWS.
– Are comfortable writing Chef or Puppet scripts.
– Understand modern web architecture.
– Maintain RDMS (MySQL/Postgres) and NoSQL (Mongo/Redis) datastores.
– Maintain and keep our production systems up to date (patching, etc).
– Not afraid of trial by fire.
– Interest in learning and using new languages in real world situations
– Up to date on the latest Internet Memes and Animated GIFs or it didn’t happen.
To apply: Please send the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Links to sites you’ve worked on including a brief description of your contributions.
2. Code samples. Anything you feel like best represents your capabilities / strengths.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
220 total views, 1 today