Location: Austin, TX
Ruby on Rails developer
We are a small company who’s software product is used by thousands of hospitals around the country to manage and maintain the maintenance of equipment. We are currently moving from the 3.x version of the product (written in ASP Classic), to an updated version. Our small development team consists of 2 developers and a developing project manager. To keep things flowing at the pace we need to hit our deadlines, we are looking for a talented developer to join the team and contribute meaningful advances in the codebase as soon as possible.
You’re a talented and experienced Ruby on Rails developer who loves to write DRY and reusable code. You are able to talk through complex design elements with the managers and come up with simple and elegant solutions on the spot which can be implemented quickly. You’re always looking for a way to reuse your code base and design with reuse and stability in mind from the start. You’re not perfect, so you like to test your code before calling it “done”. You are keeping up with the current design trends and plugins and your always looking for a way to do more while writing less code.
Qualified candidates will have the following:
* Experience developing with Ruby on Rails 2.3.10
* Experience developing with Ruby on Rails 3.x
* Experience with MySQL query optimization
* The ability to demonstrate superior jQuery, CSS, and Ajax design knowledge
* Experience with using Git
* A fanatical attitude towards Unit and Functional testing using Rails, Cucumber, and Shoulda
* 3+ years of professional software development experience
* A superior intellect with the keen ability to visualize, and verbalize, your design process during planning sessions. (AKA: Good communication skills.)
* Experience working in an agile, story driven development, environment.
* Ability to assess & diagnose coding problems and refactor code efficiently.
Experience with the following is preferred:
* Java development with a focus on Mobile Development
* Android development
* Mobile HTML optimization for the iOS
* Ruby 2.x to 3.x migrations on large scale projects.
* Experience working with large datasets and large set optimization.
* Linux Server Administration experience
Position is full time and in house, located at I-35 & 32nd.
Health Care package and other perks available.
Pay is extremely competitive.
To apply: Send a resume to email@example.com
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
210 total views, 1 today