Factory Design Labs: Senior Ruby Developer
Location: Denver, CO
As a full-service advertising agency we don’t do anything—we experience everything. The North Face. Oakley. Callaway. These are the brands we work on, and live. From hiking to golfing to company snow days slopeside, our creatively rich environment is pure energy for serious developers. Top talent (passionate risk-takers who love agile development, pair programming, TDD, BDD and the like), grow, learn, explore, expand and experiment at FDL.
Want to learn more about Factory in person? We’ll be at RubyConf in Denver, November 1-3. Look for our table in the sponsors area or find one of our developers. We would love to grab a drink and answer any questions you have.
At, Factory we love what we do and strive to be the best we can be. We’re looking for someone who shares that drive. Someone who may not be the best today, but works to be the best they can be every single day. Someone who doesn’t just use Ruby and Rails, but wants to fully understand the underpinnings of the language and framework.
Design driven development is what we aspire to and BDD is our focus. Our projects are rad and move at a fast pace, but our spec suites keep us honest. We work hard, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously, so be prepared to write a lot of code while sipping whatever is in the keg this week.
You’ll handle architecture, development, and debugging of new and existing web apps and services. Day to day, expect to author user stories, write specs, and build code to implement those specs based on our clients’ needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Follow Factory’s agile development practices (and help us improve however you think we can)
· Write stories and specs
· Produce stable, well-architected code
· Be willing to lead discussion and development when your skill set allows
· Wrangle some front-end code (be ready to step a little outside your comfort zone sometimes)
· Mentor peers
· Pair-program when it makes sense
· Provide complexity- and time-based estimates for projects
· Communicate with internal stakeholders
· Keep up to date with the latest technologies
· Some travel may be required
· If you are interested, some client-facing roles are available
· 3+ years of back-end web development experience, including database experience
· 1+ years experience with the Ruby language and the Rails framework, with a solid understanding of the Ruby on Rails stack
· A strong foundation in OO programming and practices
· Experience in test driven development and agile development processes
· Experience with jQuery, Backbone, or similar JS frameworks a plus
· Familiarity with version control systems (Git preferred)
· Excellent communication skills with a willingness to speak with both internal stakeholders and clients
· Tolerance for bad puns a bonus
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
398 total views, 1 today