Location: San Mateo, CA
Fanhattan is a service that inspires you to discover all the world’s entertainment. Launched at All Things Digital in June 2011, Fanhattan brings a new approach to entertainment discovery by helping you browse all the world’s movies and TV shows with a simple and elegant user experience – in the living room, on the web, and on the go. The service encourages exploration by combining movies and TV shows with an expansive world of related content, visual assets, and information pulled from the web that bring entertainment to life. Finally, Fanhattan gives you the most comprehensive set of options on where to find the entertainment you want across the top digital media providers.
The Senior User Interface Designer must be an independent, self-motivated, creative professional, capable of adapting quickly to a fast-paced environment. This is an active hands-on role that will work with the product team to design the core user experience, defining user-centric requirements, architecting complex application UI, and developing innovative interactions. Ultimately, we are looking for someone who lives to be creative, is an all around designer, has a passion for media and entertainment, a commitment to achieving design of the highest quality and eager to push the boundaries of convergent media.
If digital entertainment is your passion, Fanhattan is for you: an obsession for user experience, disruptive technology, high-profile investors, and an experienced team of designers, engineers, and executives from both the technology and entertainment industries.
Fanhattan is headquartered 3,000 miles away from the East Side of Manhattan, in downtown San Mateo.
• Translating the product vision into visually stunning composites and detailed schematics that define its appearance, architecture and interaction behaviors in its various applications (mobile, web, TV)
• Producing innovative yet easy to use design solutions to address a variety of business, marketing, user experience and public relations needs
• Working closely with the user experience team to integrate UI requirements into schematics, prototypes, test plans and lightweight functional specs
• Working closely with the development team to ensure proper implementation of visual design specifications
• Working with quality assurance team to review UI implementation efforts • Being an integral part of a product team that champions user-centered design processes
A strong candidate for this role will match many of these criteria:
• 6+ years of designing consumer focused rich media web and/or application UI
• Must demonstrate outstanding design talent and creativity, exhibiting a clean design sense that strives for the right balance between elegant form and useful function
• Excellent grasp of typography, particularly as it applies to the various screens available in the modern digital space
• Possess a passion for digital media and a strong desire to set the pace of industry trends, not just follow them
• Proven track record of having played a key role in the development of innovative products that went on to define a market segment or category
• Proven ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional groups
• Strong communication and organizational skills with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated high proficiency in leading design tools such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash (capabilities in ActionScript and DHTML are a plus)
• Have a solid understanding and perspective of the online video space, social media and the technology sector
• BS/BA in interactive design or related design discipline
If you’re passionate about building the next wave of immersive experiences around digital media and consumer electronics devices, this role is for you.
To apply: Contact:
If interested, please submit your resume, portfolio and relevant links to email@example.com with the label “Senior User Interface Designer”, followed by your first and last name, in the subject line.
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
186 total views, 1 today