Firstborn: Jr. HTML Developer
Location: New York, NY
award-winning interactive agency, is in the process of interviewing candidates
for a fulltime, on-site position of a Software Engineer in our New York office.
independently owned design and technology firm with headquarters in New York
City and Los Angeles. Since our inception in 1997, we have created breakthrough
interactive tools for high-profile clients in the fashion, beauty, sports,
technology and entertainment industries. We are designers, producers and
developers who share a passion for translating great ideas into an engaging,
intelligent and innovative user experience. Our project teams brainstorm,
experiment, and create a product that is well designed, functional, and always
- Work hand-in-hand with the creative team, designers and other programmers to
create rich internet applications using web-standard technologies.
- Develop pixel-perfect websites and applications for desktop and mobile
devices using your HTML, CSS and JS skills.
- Skills and
- 1+ years experience with cross-browser development using (X)HTML, CSS and
mootools, prototype, etc).
- Know and follow best practices.
- Understands about accessibility and semantics.
- Basic knowledge of any server-side language (e.g. PHP, C#, Ruby, Python,
- Strong communication skills (both in person and in writing)
- Desire to learn and to share knowledge.
- Attention to details.
- Firebug or Webkit Web Inspector.
- Creative/arts background.
- Experience with SEO.
- Ability and experience working within a collaborative team environment
wearing multiple hats.
- Experience with website and/or application development for mobile devices.
- Basic Flash knowledge.
- Experience using version control systems (e.g. SVN, GIT).
- Object Oriented programming skills.
- Experience with front-end performance optimization.
- Used API of any major website before (e.g. YouTube, Twitter, Flickr,
- Experience with Facebook application development.
- Knowledge about HTML5 and the new CSS3 modules.
- Should be able to send code samples or live sites to show capabilities
(should be proficient in HTML, CSS, JS).
an excellent compensation package that includes:
- Competitive salary (compensation
will be based on experience)
- Medical, Dental, and Long Term
- Casual attire
- Pleasant, enthusiastic, fast paced
work environment with a lot of great people who love what they do
To apply: For immediate and confidential consideration, please email your resume and an overview of your past projects (and URLs) to:
We regret that we are only able to respond to those selected for an interview. No phone ca
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
157 total views, 1 today