Fitbit, Inc.: Senior Front-end Web Developer
Location: San Francisco, CA
Fitbit is a venture-backed start-up building consumer oriented, web-connected health and fitness devices with a focus on design and user experience ( http://www.fitbit.com ). Our mission is nothing short of making the world a healthier place!
Our current product offering includes the Fitbit Tracker, a tiny all-day monitor that tracks calories burned, steps taken, distance traveled, time taken to fall asleep, and sleep quality. The data from the Fitbit Tracker is wirelessly uploaded to our web site, where users can view and interact with their data.
We are looking for great web developers to build the Fitbit interactive experience.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and software engineers to ensure design vision is maintained, final markup is standards compliant, and UI deliverables are completed on time
- Explore new technologies/industry trends and technical innovation
- Create Proof-of-Concepts using new technologies
- Handle multiple project requirements and make appropriate technical decisions
- Provide leadership within the Web Development team
- Identify new technologies that improve product development and the user experience
- 5+ years developing rich user-facing web interfaces
- Strong competency in CSS and semantic mark-up, including but not limited to table-less layouts
- Experience coding server-side page generation (preferably JSP)
- Passion for usability and accessibility
- Strong command of cross-browser development techniques and browser degradation strategies (PC/MAC, IE, FF, Chrome, Safari)
- Ability to debug and troubleshooting across multiple browsers. Firebug is your best friend
- A public portfolio with working examples or a significant consumer-facing website that you have worked on.
- Previous exposure to JSTL
- Team leadership skills
- Mobile web development experience
- Comfortable with Adobe products including Photoshop and Illustrator
At Fitbit, you will work on a unique product in the emerging field of highly-connected consumer devices that combine physical devices, web and mobile. You will make a difference in our customers’ lives.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
458 total views, 1 today