Fitbit: Senior Designers
Location: San Francisco, CA
device that connects to a personal health management website. We place a
lot of emphasis on design across all aspects of our products from
industrial design to packaging to website interaction and aesthetics.??
Designing the interaction, layout, and visual look of our personal
health management website/dashboard at Fitbit.com. This will require a
strong focus on data visualization infographics.??
Developing the UI and interaction for personal fitness hardware
products. You’ll have to make the most of tiny screens (104×16 pixel to
128×32 pixel displays).??
- Creating wireframes and Photoshop mockups.??
Working with various stakeholders, from product managers to customer
support, to the engineers who will convert your mockups into working
- Proposing A/B tests, working with engineers to implement the tests and then evaluating the results.??
- Conducting and/or participating in informal usability tests.?
- Designing intuitive packaging, manuals, and retail displays, kiosks, and the like.??
- A demonstrated ability to turn complex communication challenges into simple, elegant designs.
An abiding love for good user experience design, and ability to place
yourself in the role of the person you are designing for.??
- Experience designing complex interfaces such as web apps.
- A demonstrated understanding of typographical technique, layout principles, color theory, and web design standards.
- An intimate knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and other industry standard design tools.
- Knowledge of digital production design techniques (e.g. when to save an image as a PNG versus a PDF, or a GIF versus a JPG).
- Experience or strong interest in data visualization or infographics.
Good communication and interpersonal skills, a sense of humor, and a
desire to make the world a better place through exceptional design.?
- Illustration, photography, or motion graphics chops.
- iPhone/Android/mobile design experience.
- Packaging, EGD, or industrial design experience.
- Print design experience (such as the ability to perform a press check).
- Ability to sling your own JS, HTML, or CSS (so we can prototype designs before getting engineering involved).
- Interest in fitness and health.
healthier lifestyles. The startup’s flagship product is the Fitbit
Tracker, which measures the wearer’s movement in three dimensions and
calculates steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned, and sleep
activity. The Tracker syncs wirelessly to Fitbit.com, where users can
input additional data and track their fitness using a plethora of charts
and graphs, participate in group challenges, and more.
awards and has been reviewed positively in the Wall Street Journal,
Wired, Forbes, New York Times, Glamour, and others.
nutritionist and sleep doctor attached to your hip at all times,” wrote
Claire Cain Miller in the New York Times.
understand what kind of business they are in. They know how their gonna
Park and Eric Friedman. The company is well capitalized and is backed in
part by Foundry Group, True Ventures, and SoftTech VC.
To apply: Apply now!
All applications must include a portfolio link, either a website or a PDF stored somewhere where we can download it.
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
320 total views, 1 today