Food52: Rails Developer with an Appetite
Location: New York, NY
- Comfortable with SQL (We happen to use MySQL)
- Significant object-oriented programming experience
- You’re not afraid to SSH into a production server to diagnose and fix a problem
- You want to build a product people not just use, but love
- You write simple, elegant code; short-term hacks make you cringe
- You have a distinct point of view about how software should work
- An entrepreneurial sense that means you’ll take an interest in the bigger picture.
- Experience with Capistrano and Amazon Web Services
- You’re better at CSS than any of us
- You prefer an informal release schedule (we push new code almost every day)
- You recognize that with a team this small, you need to go the extra mile to squash bugs before they go live
- You’ve dabbled with iOS development
- You prefer eating leftover Short Rib Ragu and Meyer Lemon Pound Cake to Skittles and Mountain Dew.
- We’ve raised a healthy first round of funding from a broad array of experienced and well-connected NYC angels
- One of our co-founders is Amanda Hesser (@AmandaHesser) of New York Times food writing fame
- We’re located in the Union Square/Flatiron area (near the Union Square Farmer’s Market)
- We eat well when leftovers from cooking tests come to the office.
To apply: Email us at email@example.com with your resume and we’ll take it from there. Be sure to include any online presence you might have: a blog, your GitHub or BitBucket username, a Twitter stream, your Stack Overflow profile, etc.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
255 total views, 1 today