Foreign Policy Magazine: Front-End Web Developer
Location: Washington, DC
Web Developer – Foreign Policy Magazine, Washington, D.C.
Magazine is seeking a talented full-time front-end web developer to help us
mature our growing operation in a fast-paced, ambitious, boutique on-line
in the past year to over 11 million monthly page views and is continuing to expand
by leaps and bounds. We are seeking an adaptable, web-focused developer with
- Creation and modification of wireframes, mockups, and design
Ability to transform mockups into standards compliant
HTML/CSS, either as CMS templates (Drupal), stand-alone web pages, or HTML
email, and troubleshoot and edit existing code.
- Expertise in hand-coding standards-compliant HTML/CSS. Significant
attention to detail is a must — we want our products to be pixel-perfect
across a range of browsers and devices.
- Working fluency in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Adobe Photoshop
- Intuitive sensitivity for design, user experience, and
- Experience using one or more revision control systems
- Basic competency in PHP, including learning/using third
party libraries and writing secure code to handle form input and user
- Bonus Skills would
include: Experience with a PHP CMS package, particularly Drupal; Familiarity
with analytics packages, including Google analytics and Omniture/Adobe
SiteCatalyst; Published projects or contributions to open source software; An
active interest in international affairs, and sensibility to our deeply-held journalistic
- An opportunity to be in on the ground floor of the
reinvention of a household-name media company, and to have your work deployed
and viewed on an unusually large scale.
- Competitive salary and benefits at a full-time, on-site
position at our office in D.C.’s easily accessible Dupont Circle neighborhood,
walking distance to both the Red and Blue/Orange lines.
To apply: If you’re interested in being a part of the whole web development process from ideation through to launching code on a small team with a strong mandate, send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio or code samples to email@example.com.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
1108 total views, 1 today