Location: London, United Kingdom
Say hello to Forward
Forward is a fast-growing Internet group with a portfolio of innovative brands.
We specialise in building websites that save consumers money and driving traffic through search marketing. Our goal is profitable growth through the launch of home-grown brands and strategic acquisitions.
Portfolio companies include:
• uSwitch – the UK’s leading energy switching site
• Omio – the ultimate mobile phone comparison site
• InvisibleHand – price comparison built into the browser
• JustShops – a range of specialty eCommerce stores
• Forward3D – the fastest growing digital agency in Britain
Forward employs over 100 people in our Camden and Victoria offices and 2009 revenues exceeded £55 million. Having doubled revenues the last 4 years in a row we’ve picked up several accolades including The Sunday Times Tech Track 100, Deloitte Technology Fast 50 and National Business Awards.
Above all else we’re looking for bright, innovative and passionate people who can contribute to our continued success.
The successful Senior Web Designer will be responsible for:
• Designing quality creative work to support the fast growing in-house brands
• Your role will have 2 focuses:
1. Designing for the web, you will be skilled in HTML design, creating innovative solutions for a variety of website and email campaigns
2. Working closely with business owners to manage and facilitate design discussion with stakeholders to find the right design solutions for both business goals and user needs
• Manage design requests from start of design idea to implementation including front-end development
• Representation of the end user, deliver solutions that satisfies customer (internal & external) demands while maintaining quality
• In conjunction with the rest of the development team, you will support and optimise our portfolio of websites and marketing activities
The successful Senior Web Designer will have the following qualities
• Excellent portfolio of creative work showing quality in information design, brilliant ideas, branding and attention to details
• Passion for web and internet services
• Flexible with multidisciplinary design work
• Knowledge of ruby templating languages (erb and haml) would be an advantage
• Knowledge and understanding of User Interface Design and Information Architecture
• Experience of using split testing, optimisation and site metrics in design
• Experience of user testing
• Flexible to work in an AGILE environment which is the main work culture at Forward
• Expertise with Photoshop, Illustrator, FireWorks, InDesign and Flash(ActionScript preferable)
Project Management Skills
• Experience in project management, managing the work flow of projects and keeping everyone updated with timely and relevant information
• Ability to Plan and organise work load, liaise with senior stakeholders to set their expectations and deliver within agreed timeframes
• Influencing and negotiation skills
• Ability to manage outsourcing companies and freelancers
• Ability to work independently and within teams
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and visual)
5 great things about working at Forward
• Fantastic working environment; flexible hours, casual dress-code, top spec computer, Aeron chairs, free fruit and treats everyday!
• Flexible benefits package; A contributory pension scheme and over 20 options including health insurance, childcare support and gym membership.
• A multi-cultural team; we have team members from over 20 different countries. Our ‘pot luck’ evenings where people cook their national dish are legendary.
• A beautiful office; furnished with massage chairs, a pool table, foosball table, PS3, Wii and a draft beer machine.
• We like to have fun; regular company get-togethers and a spectacular Christmas party (we’ve taken the entire company to Las Vegas 3 times!)
To apply: email@example.com
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
227 total views, 1 today