Forward: Senior Developer
Location: London, United Kingdom
driving traffic through search marketing. Our goal is profitable growth
through the launch of home-grown brands and strategic acquisitions.
- uSwitch – the UK’s leading energy switching site
- Omio – the ultimate mobile phone comparison site
- InvisibleHand – price comparison built into the browser
- JustShops – a range of specialty eCommerce stores
- Forward3D – the fastest growing digital agency in Britain
and 2009 revenues exceeded £55 million. Having doubled revenues the last
4 years in a row we’ve picked up several accolades including The Sunday
Times Tech Track 100, Deloitte Technology Fast 50 and National Business
- Development: Evolving the architecture of our search software and
getting your hands dirty writing code (as part of our experienced agile
- Business: Being a part of a business and working with the non-technical team members to achieve results.
- Pushing Boundaries: Implementing new solutions in a matter of days from idea to implementation.
- Scaling: We work at Internet scale. You will help us to build
systems that can handle millions of requests daily, process billions of
records and terabytes of data.
- Hard Core Programmer: Very strong coding background in Ruby, Java,
or any other languages you feel are convincing. Ability to work closely
with the business to achieve results.
- Scalability: You have experience and a firm understanding of software development concepts,, such as OO and parallelisation.
- Skills: MapReduce, machine learning and/or algorithms experience a major plus. Web development (HTML/CSS/AJAX) a plus.
- Entrepreneurial: You love new businesses and ideas, and can’t wait to make them happen.
- Work Ethic: We are a small company and you will be expected to work hard.
- Internet: You have a passion for the Internet.
- Analytical: Attention to detail and the ability to sift through
huge data sets are essential. You must think logically and be good at
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communications
skills are critical as you will be working across functional teams
within the company.
- Method: You will be experienced in Agile and/or comfortable going from idea to implementation in days, not months.
- Fantastic working environment; flexible hours, casual dress-code,
top spec computer, Aeron chairs, free fruit and treats everyday!
- Flexible benefits package; a contributory pension scheme and over
20 options including health insurance, child care support and gym
- A multi-cultural team; we have team members from over 20 different
countries. Our ‘pot luck’ evenings where people cook their national dish
- A beautiful office; furnished with massage chairs, a pool table, foosball table, PS3, Wii and a draft beer machine.
- We like to have fun; regular company get-togethers and a
spectacular Christmas party (we’ve taken the entire company to Las Vegas
To apply: Send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
329 total views, 1 today