Location: Anywhere in US
Fractured Atlas, a national non-profit organization that supports the work of artists and arts organizations, is seeking an experienced Rails developer for a contract assignment.
You will be working on a couple of different projects connected to ATHENA, a new open source software platform for the cultural sector. ATHENA itself is a framework of RESTful services – JSON over HTTP. Your job will be to develop web applications in Rails that consume those services and help artists with things like ticket sales, fundraising, and even disaster preparedness.
For several months, you’ll be part of a virtual team, collaborating closely with developers in our NYC office. (If you live in the NYC area you are welcome to work on site if you like.)
- You’re an experienced Rails developer who can take ownership over a project and see it through to completion, but who is confident enough to ask questions when something’s unclear.
- You’re laid back, but an effective communicator who can be relied upon to deliver the goods.
- You understand and have some experience with RESTful web services.
- Possibly you have some experience with systems administration, especially in Amazon’s cloud. If so, this is a major bonus (but it’s not essential.)
- Possibly you have some graphic design / UI experience. If so, this is also a plus (but again, not essential).
Fractured Atlas is a national non-profit organization that provides technology-based infrastructure for the cultural sector. We help artists and arts organizations operate more effectively as businesses. We believe in the transformative power of software (and especially open source). We’re fun people who work hard and try to make the world a better place.
Our software development team aims for Agile, but we’re not religious about it. We like Git, Pivotal Tracker, short iterations, and well-tested code.
To apply: Send a resume and work samples to email@example.com. Please indicate your hourly consulting rate.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
378 total views, 1 today