Garmin International: User Experience Developer (UX Developer)
Location: Kansas City
- Works directly with cross-functional teams of business stakeholders, analysts, architects, developers, web/graphic designers, and copywriters to design, develop, and implement innovative & cutting-edge UI’s for Garmin’s Internet applications.
- Defines interactive UX prototypes that illustrate & document the optimal online experience and are employed to facilitate the user testing process.
- Defines & documents presentation layer specifications for Internet projects and online standards.
- Researches the latest presentation layer technologies, UX concepts & best practices, online trends and provides recommendations back to management, the UX team, & the Architecture team for consideration.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Interaction Design or a field relevant to this role or 4 years experience performing a role substantially similar to the essential functions of this job description
- Excellent academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 as a general rule).
- Must possess a minimum of 6 months experience developing advanced Internet UI’s relevant to Garmin’s business needs
- Must possess demonstrated solid experience developing semantic presentation layer markup that can be easily and dynamically skinned relevant to Garmin’s business needs
- Must possess demonstrated experience using XHTML & CSS
- Must possess experience working with dynamic, template driven applications (e.g. JSP, PHP, .Net) relevant to Garmin’s business needs
- Must possess experience using the Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. Dreamweaver, InDesign, Bridge, Illustrator, & Photoshop)
- Must possess knowledge of web standards & usability best practices relevant to Garmin’s business needs
- Must possess demonstrated experience simultaneously supporting multiple projects of varying complexity
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to work proactively and effectively with minimal supervision
- Must possess the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a flexible, fast paced and challenging environment
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must have good organization, creative, & analytical skills.
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude, and demonstrate the ability to work well with others
- Driven problem solver with proven success in solving difficult problems
- Excellent time management and follow-up skills
- Superior organizational and analytical skills with keen attention to detail and quality
- Superior academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.5).
- 3+ years developing advanced Internet UI’s relevant to Garmin’s business needs
- Experience using Axure or other common rapid prototyping tools.
- Firm understanding of how to develop presentation layer code that is cross-browser compatible.
- Experience developing presentation layer code that consumes XML & Web Services.
- An online portfolio demonstrating a strong visual and conceptual design sense and a superior understanding of current coding practices, typography, color, and layout.
- Familiarity with SEO & accessibility best practices.
- Experience developing within HTML5 & CSS3 specifications.
- Experience with Flash, ActionScript, & Flex.
To apply: Please apply online at http://www.garmin.com/careers
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
279 total views, 1 today