Garmin International: User Experience Developer
Location: Olathe, KS (suburb of Kansas City)
- Works directly with cross-functional teams of business stakeholders, analysts, architects, developers, web/graphic designers, and copywriters to design, develop, and implement innovative & cutting-edge UI’s for Garmin’s Internet applications.
- Defines interactive UX prototypes that illustrate & document the optimal online experience and are employed to facilitate the user testing process.
- Defines & documents presentation layer specifications for Internet projects and online standards.
- Researches the latest presentation layer technologies, UX concepts & best practices, online trends and provides recommendations back to management, the UX team, & the Architecture team for consideration.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Interaction Design, a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years developing advanced Internet UI’s.
- Solid experience developing semantic presentation layer markup that can be easily and dynamically skinned.
- Solid experience with XHTML & CSS.
- Experience working with dynamic, template driven applications (e.g. JSP, PHP, .Net).
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. Dreamweaver, InDesign, Bridge, Illustrator, & Photoshop).
- Knowledge of web standards & usability best practices.
- Experience simultaneously supporting multiple projects of varying complexity.
- Must have good organization, creative, & analytical skills.
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude, and demonstrate the ability to work well with others.
- Must be flexible and posses the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.5).
- Experience using Axure or other common rapid prototyping tools.
- An online portfolio demonstrating a strong visual and conceptual design sense and a superior understanding of current coding practices, typography, color, and layout.
- Firm understanding of how to develop presentation layer code that is cross-browser compatible.
- Familiarity with SEO & accessibility best practices.
- Experience developing presentation layer code that consumes XML & Web Services.
- Experience developing within HTML5 & CSS3 specifications.
- Experience with Flash, ActionScript, & Flex.
To apply: Candidates must apply online to be considered http://www.garmin.com/careers
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
258 total views, 2 today