GN ReSound: IA/User Interaction Designer
Location: Glenview, IL
The IA/User Interaction Designer will be responsible for creating innovative user experiences for existing and new products. Using sketches and wireframes, this role will create User-Centered designs to improve our hearing instrument fitting software and ancillary applications.
Areas of responsibility:
- Lead efforts to define detailed user interface requirements (business, functional, and end-user) for GN ReSound’s hearing instrument fitting software platform.
- Drive creation of conceptual models, user requirements, and usability objectives aligned with user centered design goals and tasks.
- Produce functional designs to ensure user interface requirements are captured.
- Develop UI prototypes for usability testing.
- Conduct IA/UI design reviews.
- Work with a cross functional team on every stage of design and development from concept to completion.
This position requires working with the Fitting Systems staff, representatives from GN ReSound Brand Divisions (GN ReSound, Beltone and Interton) and functional groups within GN ReSound’s Research and Development Department. Additional contact with patients, dispensers, sales personnel, etc. as required. Reports to UX Director, Fitting Software Group.
Education: Degree/Major: BS/MS in a HCI related field
Experience: 3 – 5 years of software UI design experience with related usability knowledge.
- User-Centered Design – Create solutions from observations to sketches to wireframes to interactive prototypes.
- Information Architecture/User Interface Design – Author functional requirement specifications consisting of conceptual models, interaction flow diagrams, navigational maps, wireframes, and mockups.
- Usability Testing – Support testing of the interaction designs and prototypes; analyze the results to incorporate field data into iterations.
- Proven effectiveness working within cross-functional team including user researcher and visual designer.
- Ability to incorporate input from stakeholders in Product Management, Audiology, and Engineering.
- Commitment to product quality and the end-user by becoming a champion of the customer’s needs and implementing solutions.
- Microsoft Office suite: Visio, Powerpoint, Excel, Word
- Design tools: Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. (or comparable substitute)
- Prototyping tools: Axure, Flash, or comparable
- Microsoft Expression, Blend, Sketchflow, .NET
All candidates must send an online portfolio or work samples.
Travel (15-25 days per year) is required and can include international travel.
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
203 total views, 1 today