Green River Community College: Web Designer
Location: Auburn WA
- Create design prototypes, including graphic design, site navigation, and layout of content, for Green River’s internal and external websites.
- Ensure that the layout of the content is accessible and logical; recommend improvements as necessary.
- Work with the design and marketing staff to continue evolving the look and feel of the college website and instructional websites.
- Create promotional web pages that are coordinated with the print marketing material and graphic standards.
- Monitor industry trends, technologies, and standards and be able to research, recommend new technologies as necessary.
- Test and troubleshoot internal and external sites to address any HTML and scripting compatibility issues between different browsers.
- Perform daily maintenance and updates to existing Green River websites.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7-10 years of website development and design experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong portfolio showcasing both an eye for design and technical skills.
- Advanced knowledge of XHTML, HTML5, and CSS.
- Experience with Flash, CMS systems (Ingenuix a plus), social media, and project management.
- Extensive experience in using Adobe Software products (i.e. Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, etc.)
- Expert at coding without using HTML editing software.
- Experience working on both PC and Macs is a plus.
- Experience using and coding for all major browsers: Firefox (Mac and PC), Internet Explorer, Safari (Mac and PC), Google Chrome, Opera and mobile browsers.
- Must demonstrate initiative, forward thinking, the ability to conceptualize new and creative ideas, set and achieve goals and learn and become proficient in new technologies as needed.
- Work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal oral and written communication skills.
- Current resume/vita
- Cover letter giving specific examples from work experience for each item listed under qualifications and competencies.
- Supplemental Questionnaire: Provide four URL’s that go to websites or web pages that you either created or helped create. Please describe in detail for each website or webpage your:1. Level of involvement in the creation of the website or webpage2. Interface with the client to create website or webpage3. Purpose / objective of the website or webpage4. Demonstrated success of the website or webpage5. Feedback from client(s) and the resulting ongoing improvements
- Diversity Questionnaire: We strive to employ individuals who possess the skills necessary to effectively interact with a diverse population of students and staff at Green River Community College. Our effort is to create a climate that recognizes, respects, and celebrates differences. Can you please:a. Describe what diversity means to youb. Describe your experiences with diverse populationsc. Describe how do you apply these to the learning/working environment(Please limit your response to 1 page)
To apply: Please apply for Green River’s Web Designer positoin by applying for the positon at http://bit.ly/web-designer-grcc.
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
449 total views, 1 today